Halesworth duo raise thousands for breast cancer charity
- Credit: Archant
Months of training paid off as two Halesworth women completed an extraordinary nighttime walk and raised thousands to help those battling breast cancer.
Christine Jeffery and Linda Hopkins took part in the London Moonwalk on Saturday, May 12.
The 26.2 miles nighttime event is organised by Walk the Walk - a grant making charity which funds research into causes of breast cancer.
On the day the pair completed the course in seven-and-a-half hours and raised around £2,000 in sponsorship between them.
It is estimated that Walk the Walk raised £6m at the event.
You may also want to watch:
Ms Hopkins said: “We expected to do it in seven hours but got held up at road crossings.
“We have had friends and relatives affected by cancer so, to us it makes sense to do the walk and hopefully raise sponsorship.”
Donations are still being taken; to help the ladies visit moonwalklondon2018.everydayhero.com/uk/linda-17
- 1 Man seen waving axe on horseback is jailed
- 2 Mattresses among items dumped in East Suffolk countryside
- 3 Travellers set up 'unauthorised' camp near to popular park in Oulton Broad
- 4 Woman in 20s suffers serious leg injuries in late night crash
- 5 Four men arrested after teenager robbed
- 6 Private coastal school joins partnership to continue 'academic excellence'
- 7 McDonald's branch to close for up to three months
- 8 'Illegal and unsafe' - Rave attended by 100 revellers is shut down
- 9 Theatre group to put on Joseph show - 17 months after original date
- 10 New McDonald's restaurant to open with safety measures in place