Halesworth duo raise thousands for breast cancer charity
- Credit: Archant
Months of training paid off as two Halesworth women completed an extraordinary nighttime walk and raised thousands to help those battling breast cancer.
Christine Jeffery and Linda Hopkins took part in the London Moonwalk on Saturday, May 12.
The 26.2 miles nighttime event is organised by Walk the Walk - a grant making charity which funds research into causes of breast cancer.
On the day the pair completed the course in seven-and-a-half hours and raised around £2,000 in sponsorship between them.
It is estimated that Walk the Walk raised £6m at the event.
You may also want to watch:
Ms Hopkins said: “We expected to do it in seven hours but got held up at road crossings.
“We have had friends and relatives affected by cancer so, to us it makes sense to do the walk and hopefully raise sponsorship.”
Donations are still being taken; to help the ladies visit moonwalklondon2018.everydayhero.com/uk/linda-17
- 1 Life sentence for convicted rapist who attempted to murder Norfolk woman
- 2 Man dies in industrial incident at plastics factory
- 3 The community hub bringing the heart of Beccles together
- 4 Toolstation opens new store in Beccles
- 5 Free October half term events around Beccles and Bungay
- 6 Five Halloween events planned in Waveney this year
- 7 Woman's body found at Loddon home
- 8 'Increased demand' but waits 'subsiding' at local heating oil company
- 9 New brewery restaurant opens for tapas nights, afternoon tea and more
- 10 Calls to volunteer for St Elizabeth Hospice