Shocking picture shows scale of newsagents fire damage
- Credit: Archant
This was the scene of destruction which met firefighters after a blaze ripped through a flat above a newsagents.
The photo, taken by Lowestoft fireman Ben Horne, shows the extent of the damage caused by the fire on Monday, June 11 which police are treating as a possible arson.
In the photo it is possible to see the charred remains of the building’s rafters with the roof on one side of the building completely destroyed by the flames.
The fire broke out in a flat above D C Patrick Newsagents, and spread to neighbouring buildings which also included Pinky’s cafe and Hunky Dory retro clothing and furniture.
Newsagents owner David Patrick said his shop has been completely destroyed in the blaze, with Hunky Dory also losing most of its stock.
You may also want to watch:
Scaffolding has now been put up around the damaged buildings in Chediston Street to prevent debris falling into the road and a walkway has been made available so people can access Market Square.
- 1 'Beccles Mafia' reported to police for harassing elderly shoppers
- 2 Tributes to man, 31, who died on Christmas Day
- 3 Bid for 40 new homes meets fresh opposition
- 4 Groundworks start at site of new McDonald’s restaurant
- 5 'Greedy' burglars who targeted community facilities in £122,000 crime spree are jailed
- 6 Nine still under investigation after man knifed in village brawl
- 7 Anger as trees felled on common as part of 'management plan'
- 8 Temporary Post Office opens after town centre branch closes
- 9 New vaccination centre will open to cope with demand across Waveney
- 10 Man snared by vigilante paedophile hunters avoids jail