Shocking picture shows scale of newsagents fire damage
- Credit: Archant
This was the scene of destruction which met firefighters after a blaze ripped through a flat above a newsagents.
The photo, taken by Lowestoft fireman Ben Horne, shows the extent of the damage caused by the fire on Monday, June 11 which police are treating as a possible arson.
In the photo it is possible to see the charred remains of the building’s rafters with the roof on one side of the building completely destroyed by the flames.
The fire broke out in a flat above D C Patrick Newsagents, and spread to neighbouring buildings which also included Pinky’s cafe and Hunky Dory retro clothing and furniture.
Newsagents owner David Patrick said his shop has been completely destroyed in the blaze, with Hunky Dory also losing most of its stock.
You may also want to watch:
Scaffolding has now been put up around the damaged buildings in Chediston Street to prevent debris falling into the road and a walkway has been made available so people can access Market Square.
- 1 Man in his 50s dies after head-on collision on A143
- 2 Part of A143 closed after three-vehicle crash in early hours
- 3 Let's staycation in...Beccles
- 4 No need to wait for booster invitation - clarification after Covid jab confusion
- 5 Crime map shows locations of weapons offences in Suffolk
- 6 Man dies in industrial incident at plastics factory
- 7 Farm shop owners 'absolutely thrilled' at national award
- 8 New project launched to restore south Norfolk countryside
- 9 New Toolstation store opens in Beccles
- 10 Youngsters prepare to take to the stage for debut performance