Halesworth gallery launches its Christmas exhibition
- Credit: Archant
The Little Gallery in Halesworth is featuring Essex artist Amanda Clark for their Christmas exhibition.
Her work seemed highly appropriate for the festive season as many of her paintings depict magical wintery scenes.
Coming from an artistic family, Amanda has painted from a small child. She gained a National Diploma in ceramics and surface pattern in the 1990s, which taught her to use jewel-like colours and to give depth to her work in watercolours and acrylics.
She is inspired by folklore, myths and the peacefulness of beautiful landscapes with a twist of fairy tale, with her work in great demand for book illustrations.
The full catalogue of the exhibition is on the gallery website and the work can be purchased in advance of the exhibition.
You may also want to watch:
Alongside Amanda’s paintings and prints, gallery owner Mary Gundry and her photographer partner Colin Huggins will be displaying new work.
Also on display will be ceramics by Joe Lawrence, Andrew Wright and Neil Tregear, and bronze sculptures by Michael Simpson.
- 1 Air ambulance called after man suffers medical emergency in Bungay
- 2 Man charged with driving offences following police pursuit
- 3 Your tributes to the loved and lost for Father's Day
- 4 Woman taken to hospital following crash on A146
- 5 Gala Day organisers take 'difficult decision' to cancel popular event
- 6 Coastal businesses affected by footbridge closure to receive share of £5k a month
- 7 'I can't carry it' - Shock as plant starts growing eight inches a day
- 8 Live the good life: Listed farmhouse for sale for £700,000 after renovation
- 9 Revealed - Where Suffolk's recycling waste is shipped to
- 10 Latitude 2021: More acts announced as director vows festival will go ahead
Mary’s Christmas cards will be available, although her much sought-after and collected calendar won’t be available this year because she has produced a book of her work “Drawn to Southwold” which she hopes will be popular this Christmas.
She will be taking part in a book-signing event in Southwold Books on Saturday, December 6.
The Little Gallery is open weekdays from 10am to 5pm (Thursday 10am to 1pm) and on Saturday from 10am to 4pm.
The exhibition launched on Saturday and runs until December 13.