Halesworth gears up for judging day
- Credit: Nick Butcher
Organisers behind the Halesworth in Bloom event are gearing up once again this year with the hope of making it third time lucky.
After entering Anglia in Bloom for the first time in 2013 when the town came away with a silver, determination paid off again last year when they bettered the achievement with a gold award.
Preparations are now taking place throughout the town as those behind the event hope to take another gold award during this year’s event.
Organisers have invited people of all ages to get involved to help make the town and its parks and open spaces as inviting as possible.
They are working even harder after the town was hit by a spate of vandalism earlier in the year which involved spray painting buildings and cars.
You may also want to watch:
At least 24 areas were hit and efforts are under way to remove the graffiti.
Tamsyn Imison, co-ordinator behind the town’s bid, said: “It’s a fantastic event and everyone in the town really gets behind it and supports it.”
- 1 'Beccles Mafia' reported to police for harassing elderly shoppers
- 2 Tributes to man, 31, who died on Christmas Day
- 3 Groundworks start at site of new McDonald’s restaurant
- 4 Bid for 40 new homes meets fresh opposition
- 5 'Greedy' burglars who targeted community facilities in £122,000 crime spree are jailed
- 6 Anger as trees felled on common as part of 'management plan'
- 7 Nine still under investigation after man knifed in village brawl
- 8 Temporary Post Office opens after town centre branch closes
- 9 Man snared by vigilante paedophile hunters avoids jail
- 10 Police concerned for welfare of missing man
Among the projects the town is focusing on this year is refurbishing the signs and planters at the two main entrances to Halesworth,
Judging for this year’s event will take place in the summer.
Also taking place this summer is Halesworth Open Gardens on Saturday, June 20.
A programme priced £5 will allow entry into all the gardens, with children free, and proceeds will go to the air ambulances in Suffolk and details will be available later in the year.
Are you involved in a community project? Email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 01502 712060.