Halesworth gears up for judging day
- Credit: Nick Butcher
Organisers behind the Halesworth in Bloom event are gearing up once again this year with the hope of making it third time lucky.
After entering Anglia in Bloom for the first time in 2013 when the town came away with a silver, determination paid off again last year when they bettered the achievement with a gold award.
Preparations are now taking place throughout the town as those behind the event hope to take another gold award during this year’s event.
Organisers have invited people of all ages to get involved to help make the town and its parks and open spaces as inviting as possible.
They are working even harder after the town was hit by a spate of vandalism earlier in the year which involved spray painting buildings and cars.
At least 24 areas were hit and efforts are under way to remove the graffiti.
Tamsyn Imison, co-ordinator behind the town’s bid, said: “It’s a fantastic event and everyone in the town really gets behind it and supports it.”
- 1 F1 star jumps out of plane over Suffolk town
- 2 Fire crews tackle blaze for several hours at Suffolk farm
- 3 City burger joint takes beef off the menu
- 4 Celebration of food and drink gearing up for return this weekend
- 5 Chainsaws, drills and hedge trimmers stolen in farm burglary
- 6 'Incredible turnout' as protesters demand River Waveney clean up
- 7 Wanted woman arrested in Lowestoft
- 8 Where jubilee parties are taking place in Waveney
- 9 Traffic to be diverted with road temporarily closed for repair works
- 10 100 East Anglian events you cannot miss this summer
Among the projects the town is focusing on this year is refurbishing the signs and planters at the two main entrances to Halesworth,
Judging for this year’s event will take place in the summer.
Also taking place this summer is Halesworth Open Gardens on Saturday, June 20.
A programme priced £5 will allow entry into all the gardens, with children free, and proceeds will go to the air ambulances in Suffolk and details will be available later in the year.
Are you involved in a community project? Email email@example.com or call 01502 712060.