Halesworth in Bloom team presents awards to green fingered helpers
- Credit: Archant
After scooping more top awards at this year’s Anglia in Bloom competition, Halesworth in Bloom volunteers hosted a special awards ceremony to thank the town for its support.
This year Halesworth picked up the Gold award for Small Town, Silver awards for the cemetery and Green Flag Halesworth Town Park, as well as Best Community Business Centre and Millennium Green Biodiversity nominations.
And on Sunday, more than 100 of Halesworth’s gardening elite gathered at The Cut for the ceremony, with awards presented by Alan Witherby, owner of the Wissett garden Rydal Mount, and a sponsor of Halesworth in Bloom.
Certificates of excellence were handed out to residents for their allotments and front gardens, and certificates for all the Halesworth businesses with floral frontages are being delivered personally.
The Halesworth Second Brownies were presented certificates for their continuing community support with their designed Sunburst Garden at the United Reformed Church and their festive decoration of gifts for the housebound.
You may also want to watch:
The Leslie Pyke Awards, named after the creator and donor of the engraved glass vases, are held for a year by the winner in each of the five categories.
The winners were as follows: Best Display by a Business in the Thoroughfare (voted for by the public) - Halesworth Deli and Edwards Restaurant, Best Front Garden - Ann Boast, Best Allotment - Vic Coulson, Most significant contribution to Halesworth in Bloom - Tony Eden, and Best Children’s Project - Swan Lane Children’s garden organised by Gillian Coulson.
- 1 Man admits possessing hundreds of indecent images of children
- 2 Teenager who lost driving licence receives surprise in post
- 3 Sniffer dogs find thousands of illegal cigarettes under manhole cover
- 4 Parishes planning Italian pop-up night in aid of village hall
- 5 A146 closed after crash near Worlingham
- 6 Charity baker set for long-awaited return this weekend
- 7 Village pub opens brand new café
- 8 New shop sells items made by people who learnt crafts in lockdown
- 9 Traffic starting to build after crash in Beccles
- 10 Around one in 10 East Suffolk adults remain unvaccinated
After the ceremony the Halesworth in Bloom Annual General Meeting was held.