Halesworth Lion’s carnival proves to be out of this world
- Credit: Courtesy of Jo Goodson
Organisers have hailed this year’s Halesworth Carnival a huge success.
The parade had a space theme and was once again organised by the Lions club.
The procession started at Blyth Road Industrial Estate and ended at Edgar Sewter Primary School’s playing field.
One of the organisers said: “It went really well. We had great weather, a great atmosphere and lots of people.”
Beccles Kingfishers Swimming Club won best float for their entry. And the winners of the fancy dress competition included Neil Dighton who won space baby, Darren Goodson who won space adult and Jo Goodson, who along with sons Conner and Elliott, took home the space family prize.
You may also want to watch:
The spokesman added: “We would like to thank all the shops and companies who gave us donations and raffle prizes, without these kind donations this event would not go ahead.
“Thank you to everyone who joined in and came and supported us.”
- 1 Man admits possessing hundreds of indecent images of children
- 2 Teenager who lost driving licence receives surprise in post
- 3 Sniffer dogs find thousands of illegal cigarettes under manhole cover
- 4 Parishes planning Italian pop-up night in aid of village hall
- 5 A146 closed after crash near Worlingham
- 6 Charity baker set for long-awaited return this weekend
- 7 Village pub opens brand new café
- 8 New shop sells items made by people who learnt crafts in lockdown
- 9 Traffic starting to build after crash in Beccles
- 10 Around one in 10 East Suffolk adults remain unvaccinated