Halesworth Lion’s carnival proves to be out of this world
- Credit: Courtesy of Jo Goodson
Organisers have hailed this year’s Halesworth Carnival a huge success.
The parade had a space theme and was once again organised by the Lions club.
The procession started at Blyth Road Industrial Estate and ended at Edgar Sewter Primary School’s playing field.
One of the organisers said: “It went really well. We had great weather, a great atmosphere and lots of people.”
Beccles Kingfishers Swimming Club won best float for their entry. And the winners of the fancy dress competition included Neil Dighton who won space baby, Darren Goodson who won space adult and Jo Goodson, who along with sons Conner and Elliott, took home the space family prize.
You may also want to watch:
The spokesman added: “We would like to thank all the shops and companies who gave us donations and raffle prizes, without these kind donations this event would not go ahead.
“Thank you to everyone who joined in and came and supported us.”
- 1 Woman in her 20s among 31 Covid patients to die in five days at hospital
- 2 Restaurant fined for refusing to close in third lockdown
- 3 'We're very anxious at the moment': Co-Op staff on public abuse
- 4 People in 'next priority' groups to receive covid jabs in coastal town
- 5 Police investigate Southwold sign swearing at visitors to stay away
- 6 Roundabout memorial bid for the 'Ole Chicken Man of Bungay'
- 7 'Beccles Mafia' reported to police for harassing elderly shoppers
- 8 Ten high intensity exercises to 'start your day right'
- 9 Man in court over Norfolk Broads' boat break-ins during lockdown
- 10 Tributes to man, 31, who died on Christmas Day