Halesworth Lion’s carnival proves to be out of this world
- Credit: Courtesy of Jo Goodson
Organisers have hailed this year’s Halesworth Carnival a huge success.
The parade had a space theme and was once again organised by the Lions club.
The procession started at Blyth Road Industrial Estate and ended at Edgar Sewter Primary School’s playing field.
One of the organisers said: “It went really well. We had great weather, a great atmosphere and lots of people.”
Beccles Kingfishers Swimming Club won best float for their entry. And the winners of the fancy dress competition included Neil Dighton who won space baby, Darren Goodson who won space adult and Jo Goodson, who along with sons Conner and Elliott, took home the space family prize.
You may also want to watch:
The spokesman added: “We would like to thank all the shops and companies who gave us donations and raffle prizes, without these kind donations this event would not go ahead.
“Thank you to everyone who joined in and came and supported us.”
- 1 McDonald's branch to close for up to three months
- 2 'Absolutely crazy' - Beer gardens bustle on first weekend open
- 3 'Lucky number seven' - Landlord opens 'flagship' pub in hometown
- 4 Tools stolen in spate of van break-ins
- 5 Is this your Range Rover? - Police seize vehicles and cash in raid
- 6 Air ambulance called after man and woman suffer medical emergencies
- 7 'No guarantee' - doctor urges HPV vaccinated women to attend screenings
- 8 Important milestone for hospital hub revamp as external works completed
- 9 Picturesque Bungay retirement home officially Grade II listed
- 10 'On top of the world' - Joy as shops new and old reopen in Beccles