Man ‘surrounded by bottles of alcohol’ in car arrested by police
A man has been arrested on suspicion of being drunk in charge of a motor vehicle.
Halesworth police officers were called to a quiet country lane near Saxmundham on Friday, July 12 following reports from an observant local that the man was slumped in the drivers seat of a car, surrounded by bottles of alcohol.
Offcers attended the scene and the man subsequently failed a breath test "being many times over the legal limit," according to police.
The man was arrested and taken to Martlesham Police Investigation Centre.
A post on the Halesworth Police Facebook page said: "Drunk male arrested in car.
You may also want to watch:
"Thanks to a vigilant member of the public, a male was arrested on suspicion of being drunk in charge of a motor vehicle today by officers from #Halesworth Team 4.
"The male was spotted in a quiet lane near Saxmundham alone and slumped in the drivers seat surrounded by bottles of alcohol.
- 1 Part of A143 closed after three-vehicle crash in early hours
- 2 Let's staycation in...Beccles
- 3 No need to wait for booster invitation - clarification after Covid jab confusion
- 4 Farm shop owners 'absolutely thrilled' at national award
- 5 Youngsters prepare to take to the stage for debut performance
- 6 Man dies in industrial incident at plastics factory
- 7 Crime map shows locations of weapons offences in Suffolk
- 8 Christmas in doubt as toy shop boss 'struggling with stock'
- 9 Tyres slashed on parked cars with damage caused overnight in Beccles
- 10 Psychic to use 'special gift' at Bungay's Fisher Theatre
"Officers arrived, breath tested him and the male failed, being many times over the legal limit. He was arrested and taken to Martlesham Police Investigation Centre."