Man ‘surrounded by bottles of alcohol’ in car arrested by police
A man has been arrested on suspicion of being drunk in charge of a motor vehicle.
Halesworth police officers were called to a quiet country lane near Saxmundham on Friday, July 12 following reports from an observant local that the man was slumped in the drivers seat of a car, surrounded by bottles of alcohol.
Offcers attended the scene and the man subsequently failed a breath test "being many times over the legal limit," according to police.
The man was arrested and taken to Martlesham Police Investigation Centre.
A post on the Halesworth Police Facebook page said: "Drunk male arrested in car.
You may also want to watch:
"Thanks to a vigilant member of the public, a male was arrested on suspicion of being drunk in charge of a motor vehicle today by officers from #Halesworth Team 4.
"The male was spotted in a quiet lane near Saxmundham alone and slumped in the drivers seat surrounded by bottles of alcohol.
- 1 'Beccles Mafia' reported to police for harassing elderly shoppers
- 2 Bid for 40 new homes meets fresh opposition
- 3 Nine still under investigation after man knifed in village brawl
- 4 Name unveiled for new Bungay SEND school
- 5 Groundworks start at site of new McDonald’s restaurant
- 6 Suffolk braced for up to 10cm of snow as warnings upgraded
- 7 Tributes to man, 31, who died on Christmas Day
- 8 Takeaway deli set to open in coastal town
- 9 Anger as trees felled on common as part of 'management plan'
- 10 'Greedy' burglars who targeted community facilities in £122,000 crime spree are jailed
"Officers arrived, breath tested him and the male failed, being many times over the legal limit. He was arrested and taken to Martlesham Police Investigation Centre."