Halesworth Scarecrow Festival set for triumphant return
- Credit: Nick Butcher
A quiet market town will once again be overrun by a parade of ingenious and imaginative scarecrows.
This year’s Halesworth Scarecrow Festival will return on Saturday, October 20 and run until Saturday October 27.
The much loved event is now in its ninth year and is set to attract hundreds of people to the town during the half-term school holidays.
Last year more than 70 scarecrows were displayed by local businesses down the Thoroughfare, around Market Place and down to Angel Link.
Organiser Karen Prime hopes this year’s event will be “bigger and better” than ever before and added: “It’s a must do event for October half-term.”
You may also want to watch:
As with previous festivals there will be a Treasure Trail for children - with shops and business around the town centre hiding letters in windows which make up the names of famous films.
Entry costs £1 and winners will could be in with a chance to turn on the town’s Christmas Lights and a £50 cash prize.
- 1 Man seen waving axe on horseback is jailed
- 2 Mattresses among items dumped in East Suffolk countryside
- 3 Travellers set up 'unauthorised' camp near to popular park in Oulton Broad
- 4 Private coastal school joins partnership to continue 'academic excellence'
- 5 New McDonald's restaurant to open with safety measures in place
- 6 'Illegal and unsafe' - Rave attended by 100 revellers is shut down
- 7 Woman in 20s suffers serious leg injuries in late night crash
- 8 McDonald's branch to close for up to three months
- 9 Tired but delighted - five businesses look back on first week reopen
- 10 Four men arrested after teenager robbed