Halesworth Scarecrow Festival set for triumphant return
- Credit: Nick Butcher
A quiet market town will once again be overrun by a parade of ingenious and imaginative scarecrows.
This year’s Halesworth Scarecrow Festival will return on Saturday, October 20 and run until Saturday October 27.
The much loved event is now in its ninth year and is set to attract hundreds of people to the town during the half-term school holidays.
Last year more than 70 scarecrows were displayed by local businesses down the Thoroughfare, around Market Place and down to Angel Link.
Organiser Karen Prime hopes this year’s event will be “bigger and better” than ever before and added: “It’s a must do event for October half-term.”
You may also want to watch:
As with previous festivals there will be a Treasure Trail for children - with shops and business around the town centre hiding letters in windows which make up the names of famous films.
Entry costs £1 and winners will could be in with a chance to turn on the town’s Christmas Lights and a £50 cash prize.
- 1 Drive-in fireworks display with food village returning for 2021
- 2 Youngsters prepare to take to the stage for debut performance
- 3 New Toolstation store opens in Beccles
- 4 School to play key role in supporting pupils' mental health across country
- 5 Christmas in doubt as toy shop boss 'struggling with stock'
- 6 Tyres slashed on parked cars with damage caused overnight in Beccles
- 7 Man dies in industrial incident at plastics factory
- 8 Waveney schools to bring in additional measures to fight Covid rise
- 9 Man on walking tour of UK's coastline 'met with so much love' in Suffolk
- 10 Transport pilot launched to help isolated communities around Bungay