Halesworth to host first spring garden market
- Credit: Nick Butcher
The first Halesworth Spring Garden Market is taking place this weekend.
The market will showcase local nurseries and growers as well as artisans from across the region selling unusual and unique pieces for the garden.
Held in Market Place on Saturday from 9.30am to 4pm, there will be music by the African Drumming Band ‘M’ba’ in the morning as well street food by Hay Hay.
In the arboretum at the start of the Market Place in the shadow of St Mary’s, the Church Council will be raising funds with a games stall for children including fishing for plastic ducks in the pond, digging for gold and more.
The Halesworth District Gardeners Society will also have a stall selling plants grown by their members.
You may also want to watch:
The Spring Garden Market is the first of four specialist markets being organised in the Market Place this year following on from the success of last year’s traditional Christmas Food and Drink Market. The next market will be the Midsummer Market on June 24.
The market is organised by Blackdog Events, and organiser Kate Button said: “After the success of the Christmas Market, I’m really looking forward to the Spring Garden Market which will be a first for Halesworth and again will bring the historic Market Place back to life.”
- 1 Man dies in industrial incident at plastics factory
- 2 The community hub bringing the heart of Beccles together
- 3 Toolstation opens new store in Beccles
- 4 Free October half term events around Beccles and Bungay
- 5 'Increased demand' but waits 'subsiding' at local heating oil company
- 6 Life sentence for convicted rapist who attempted to murder Norfolk woman
- 7 Man suffered double jaw fracture in Norwich bar attack
- 8 Health watchdog's concerns over 87-year-old's hospital discharge
- 9 Calls to volunteer for St Elizabeth Hospice
- 10 Pickup truck, trailer and quad bike stolen from rural property
•Do you have a Halesworth story? Email the details to firstname.lastname@example.org