Halesworth to host first spring garden market
- Credit: Nick Butcher
The first Halesworth Spring Garden Market is taking place this weekend.
The market will showcase local nurseries and growers as well as artisans from across the region selling unusual and unique pieces for the garden.
Held in Market Place on Saturday from 9.30am to 4pm, there will be music by the African Drumming Band ‘M’ba’ in the morning as well street food by Hay Hay.
In the arboretum at the start of the Market Place in the shadow of St Mary’s, the Church Council will be raising funds with a games stall for children including fishing for plastic ducks in the pond, digging for gold and more.
The Halesworth District Gardeners Society will also have a stall selling plants grown by their members.
You may also want to watch:
The Spring Garden Market is the first of four specialist markets being organised in the Market Place this year following on from the success of last year’s traditional Christmas Food and Drink Market. The next market will be the Midsummer Market on June 24.
The market is organised by Blackdog Events, and organiser Kate Button said: “After the success of the Christmas Market, I’m really looking forward to the Spring Garden Market which will be a first for Halesworth and again will bring the historic Market Place back to life.”
- 1 McDonald's branch to close for up to three months
- 2 'Lucky number seven' - Landlord opens 'flagship' pub in hometown
- 3 Is this your Range Rover? - Police seize vehicles and cash in raid
- 4 Air ambulance called after man and woman suffer medical emergencies
- 5 'No guarantee' - doctor urges HPV vaccinated women to attend screenings
- 6 Family attractions back for big weekend after months of shutdown
- 7 Important milestone for hospital hub revamp as external works completed
- 8 Driver flees after crashing into level crossing
- 9 What we know about Prince Philip's funeral at Windsor
- 10 Election 2021: Suffolk PCC candidates outline priorities
•Do you have a Halesworth story? Email the details to email@example.com