Halesworth to host first spring garden market
- Credit: Nick Butcher
The first Halesworth Spring Garden Market is taking place this weekend.
The market will showcase local nurseries and growers as well as artisans from across the region selling unusual and unique pieces for the garden.
Held in Market Place on Saturday from 9.30am to 4pm, there will be music by the African Drumming Band ‘M’ba’ in the morning as well street food by Hay Hay.
In the arboretum at the start of the Market Place in the shadow of St Mary’s, the Church Council will be raising funds with a games stall for children including fishing for plastic ducks in the pond, digging for gold and more.
The Halesworth District Gardeners Society will also have a stall selling plants grown by their members.
You may also want to watch:
The Spring Garden Market is the first of four specialist markets being organised in the Market Place this year following on from the success of last year’s traditional Christmas Food and Drink Market. The next market will be the Midsummer Market on June 24.
The market is organised by Blackdog Events, and organiser Kate Button said: “After the success of the Christmas Market, I’m really looking forward to the Spring Garden Market which will be a first for Halesworth and again will bring the historic Market Place back to life.”
- 1 Family of cardiac arrest victim donates defibrillator in mother's memory
- 2 Popular community pub announces when it will re-open
- 3 Public urged to take Covid test if not feeling 100%
- 4 Is this one of the best jobs in Norfolk and Suffolk?
- 5 Plot of land near Beccles sells at auction for five times guide price
- 6 'It was as if Covid didn't exist' - Latitude-goers report positive tests
- 7 Covid infection rates plummet in Norfolk
- 8 Covid app changes mean fewer people will be 'pinged'
- 9 Weather warning as more thunderstorms set to hit parts of the region
- 10 Wanted Waveney man may be in London
•Do you have a Halesworth story? Email the details to email@example.com