Halesworth to host midsummer spring market
- Credit: Nick Butcher
The Halesworth Midsummer Market is taking place this weekend.
The event will showcase local food and drink producers as well as a host of artisan stalls, plants and more.
It is taking place at Halesworth’s historic Market Place - which has been used for markets since it gained its Charter in 1220.
Held tomorrow, June 24, from 9.30am to 3.30pm, the event is a celebration of Midsummer’s Day.
The Fritton Owl Sanctuary will be attending and there will also be a face painting stall.
You may also want to watch:
Beyond the Market Place, the Thoroughfare has a wealth of independent retailers and many food and drink outlets to keep shoppers going.
The Halesworth Midsummer Market is the second of four specialist markets planned for Halesworth this year following on from April’s Spring Garden Market.
- 1 'Lucky number seven' - Landlord opens 'flagship' pub in hometown
- 2 Driver suffers minor injuries in crash with minibus
- 3 Picturesque Bungay retirement home officially Grade II listed
- 4 'On top of the world' - Joy as shops new and old reopen in Beccles
- 5 Teenage drink driver to appear in court after crash
- 6 Tools stolen in spate of van break-ins
- 7 'Complete negligence' - anger as sports clubs locked out of playing fields
- 8 Emergency works cause early morning traffic chaos on A47
- 9 Charity shops see record sales and donations after reopening
- 10 Arson probe after flames from lit aerosol cans cause late night damage
The next event will be the Food and Drink Market on September 30 with the traditional Christmas Market on December 9.