Halesworth to host midsummer spring market
- Credit: Nick Butcher
The Halesworth Midsummer Market is taking place this weekend.
The event will showcase local food and drink producers as well as a host of artisan stalls, plants and more.
It is taking place at Halesworth’s historic Market Place - which has been used for markets since it gained its Charter in 1220.
Held tomorrow, June 24, from 9.30am to 3.30pm, the event is a celebration of Midsummer’s Day.
The Fritton Owl Sanctuary will be attending and there will also be a face painting stall.
You may also want to watch:
Beyond the Market Place, the Thoroughfare has a wealth of independent retailers and many food and drink outlets to keep shoppers going.
The Halesworth Midsummer Market is the second of four specialist markets planned for Halesworth this year following on from April’s Spring Garden Market.
- 1 'Like a horror film' - Friends left terrified after being followed in woods
- 2 'I'm just gobsmacked': east Suffolk pub receives £96,000 grant in Budget
- 3 Laptop stolen from parked car in Beccles
- 4 BMW overturns in ditch after coming off A146
- 5 Plans for investment and upgraded facilities at Beccles Quay
- 6 Bungay Wave set to ripple through town in support of flooding victims
- 7 Man arrested on suspicion of drink and drug driving after fatal crash
- 8 Backlash against raw sewage vote as local hotspots revealed
- 9 Man in his 50s dies after head-on collision on A143
- 10 Fire crews called to rural spot after horse found in ditch
The next event will be the Food and Drink Market on September 30 with the traditional Christmas Market on December 9.