Halesworth to host midsummer spring market
- Credit: Nick Butcher
The Halesworth Midsummer Market is taking place this weekend.
The event will showcase local food and drink producers as well as a host of artisan stalls, plants and more.
It is taking place at Halesworth’s historic Market Place - which has been used for markets since it gained its Charter in 1220.
Held tomorrow, June 24, from 9.30am to 3.30pm, the event is a celebration of Midsummer’s Day.
The Fritton Owl Sanctuary will be attending and there will also be a face painting stall.
Beyond the Market Place, the Thoroughfare has a wealth of independent retailers and many food and drink outlets to keep shoppers going.
The Halesworth Midsummer Market is the second of four specialist markets planned for Halesworth this year following on from April’s Spring Garden Market.
- 1 Bungay Garden Market returns in full after two year absence
- 2 Travel: Stay on the UK's first floating glamping pod...in Beccles
- 3 Wine dating back to 1960s discovered hidden at town store
- 4 Joy as Cycle for Life charity ride marks milestone in style
- 5 Litter problem creating image Suffolk is a 'dirty county', tourism chiefs fear
- 6 Fringe events start in run up to Beccles Food and Drink Festival
- 7 Tomorrow's lunar eclipse: How and when to see it
- 8 Town's walk and talk scheme helps locals connect to the community
- 9 Town's popular card shop waves goodbye after five years
- 10 Drivers asked to avoid area after two-vehicle crash closes Suffolk road
The next event will be the Food and Drink Market on September 30 with the traditional Christmas Market on December 9.