Halesworth to host midsummer spring market
- Credit: Nick Butcher
The Halesworth Midsummer Market is taking place this weekend.
The event will showcase local food and drink producers as well as a host of artisan stalls, plants and more.
It is taking place at Halesworth’s historic Market Place - which has been used for markets since it gained its Charter in 1220.
Held tomorrow, June 24, from 9.30am to 3.30pm, the event is a celebration of Midsummer’s Day.
The Fritton Owl Sanctuary will be attending and there will also be a face painting stall.
You may also want to watch:
Beyond the Market Place, the Thoroughfare has a wealth of independent retailers and many food and drink outlets to keep shoppers going.
The Halesworth Midsummer Market is the second of four specialist markets planned for Halesworth this year following on from April’s Spring Garden Market.
- 1 Geldeston Locks Inn pub near Beccles temporarily closes due to Covid
- 2 'It was as if Covid didn't exist' - Latitude-goers report positive tests
- 3 Plot of land near Beccles sells at auction for five times guide price
- 4 Heartbreak as Beccles Ladies miss out on Wembley dream at final hurdle
- 5 West End star set to visit youngsters at Beccles Public Hall
- 6 Wanted Waveney man may be in London
- 7 Man has jaw broken following punch at Latitude Festival
- 8 Honda motorbike stolen during early morning theft in Ellough
- 9 Mortgage brokers win prestigious national award
- 10 Banned motorist admits dangerous driving around town
The next event will be the Food and Drink Market on September 30 with the traditional Christmas Market on December 9.