Community mourns the loss of town and dictrict councillor Ezra Leverett
- Credit: Archant
The Halesworth community are mourning the loss of former town and district councillor, Ezra Leverett who “believed strongly in the right of people”.
Mr Leverett, who passed away aged 72, was described as a loving husband, father and grandfrather by his wife Sandra Leverett.
During his lifetime, Mr Leverett forged alliances and friendships as the chairman of the Halesworth and Blyth Valley Partnership, he cofounded Norwich Road Rangers football team and was a secretary of the Halesworth Community Sport and Leisure.
He was a Labour parliamentary candidate for Waveney in 1992 and a trustee at New Cut Arts.
Mrs Leverett said: “Ezra was a true inspiration and will be a huge loss to, not only his family, but to the community of Halesworth which he served faithfully and diligently.”
You may also want to watch:
The church service will be at St. Mary’s Church, Halesworth on Monday, February 11th at 1pm and donations have been asked for The Cut and Halesworth Community Sport and Leisure.
- 1 'Lucky number seven' - Landlord opens 'flagship' pub in hometown
- 2 Driver suffers minor injuries in crash with minibus
- 3 Picturesque Bungay retirement home officially Grade II listed
- 4 'On top of the world' - Joy as shops new and old reopen in Beccles
- 5 Teenage drink driver to appear in court after crash
- 6 Tools stolen in spate of van break-ins
- 7 'Complete negligence' - anger as sports clubs locked out of playing fields
- 8 Emergency works cause early morning traffic chaos on A47
- 9 Charity shops see record sales and donations after reopening
- 10 Arson probe after flames from lit aerosol cans cause late night damage