Community mourns the loss of town and dictrict councillor Ezra Leverett
- Credit: Archant
The Halesworth community are mourning the loss of former town and district councillor, Ezra Leverett who “believed strongly in the right of people”.
Mr Leverett, who passed away aged 72, was described as a loving husband, father and grandfrather by his wife Sandra Leverett.
During his lifetime, Mr Leverett forged alliances and friendships as the chairman of the Halesworth and Blyth Valley Partnership, he cofounded Norwich Road Rangers football team and was a secretary of the Halesworth Community Sport and Leisure.
He was a Labour parliamentary candidate for Waveney in 1992 and a trustee at New Cut Arts.
Mrs Leverett said: “Ezra was a true inspiration and will be a huge loss to, not only his family, but to the community of Halesworth which he served faithfully and diligently.”
You may also want to watch:
The church service will be at St. Mary’s Church, Halesworth on Monday, February 11th at 1pm and donations have been asked for The Cut and Halesworth Community Sport and Leisure.
- 1 'Small number' of staff at town's Tesco test positive for Covid-19
- 2 Former pub and restaurant could become six-bed home
- 3 Son's concern as Covid hospital patient, 85, moved seven times in two weeks
- 4 English teacher's reading app disrupts market
- 5 Concerns over lack of coronavirus vaccine centres in north Suffolk
- 6 WATCH: Therese Coffey 'walks out' of Piers Morgan interview on GMB
- 7 Restaurant fined for refusing to close in third lockdown
- 8 Tributes to much-loved Laura, 28, after Covid death
- 9 Woman in her 20s among 31 Covid patients to die in five days at hospital
- 10 'No black hole' - MP reveals two new vaccine centres in towns