Community mourns the loss of town and dictrict councillor Ezra Leverett
- Credit: Archant
The Halesworth community are mourning the loss of former town and district councillor, Ezra Leverett who “believed strongly in the right of people”.
Mr Leverett, who passed away aged 72, was described as a loving husband, father and grandfrather by his wife Sandra Leverett.
During his lifetime, Mr Leverett forged alliances and friendships as the chairman of the Halesworth and Blyth Valley Partnership, he cofounded Norwich Road Rangers football team and was a secretary of the Halesworth Community Sport and Leisure.
He was a Labour parliamentary candidate for Waveney in 1992 and a trustee at New Cut Arts.
Mrs Leverett said: “Ezra was a true inspiration and will be a huge loss to, not only his family, but to the community of Halesworth which he served faithfully and diligently.”
You may also want to watch:
The church service will be at St. Mary’s Church, Halesworth on Monday, February 11th at 1pm and donations have been asked for The Cut and Halesworth Community Sport and Leisure.
- 1 Honda motorbike stolen in overnight theft in Bungay
- 2 Tyres slashed on parked cars with damage caused overnight in Beccles
- 3 Man dies in industrial incident at plastics factory
- 4 Creator of mystery Covehithe statue reveals where it went
- 5 New Toolstation store opens in Beccles
- 6 Life sentence for convicted rapist who attempted to murder Norfolk woman
- 7 Toolstation opens new store in Beccles
- 8 Quarry restoration to take six more years after delays
- 9 The community hub bringing the heart of Beccles together
- 10 Free October half term events around Beccles and Bungay