Young couple subjected to verbal abuse from motorist during heated exchange about speeding
- Credit: Archant
A young couple have said they were subjected to a tirade of verbal abuse from a motorist during an argument about speeding.
The incident occurred in Wissett Road, Halesworth at around 11.20am on Saturday, January 13.
One of the pedestrians, who wishes to remain anonymous, explained the commotion began when he raised his hand to a passing vehicle he believed to be speeding.
He said: “I heard the brakes screech as he stopped down the road.
“I asked him if he knew the speed limit but was met with a hail of obscene language and abuse.
You may also want to watch:
“I was dumbfounded at his extreme reaction.”
Suffolk Police are investigating the incident.
- 1 Roundabout memorial bid for the 'Ole Chicken Man of Bungay'
- 2 'Anti-social rider' has quadbike seized in the snow
- 3 Paramedics respond after woman suffers medical emergency
- 4 Everything we know so far about Covid vaccinations in Norfolk and Waveney
- 5 Car park's £500 price hike was 'callous', town council says
- 6 'Disappointment' as thieves raid £16,000 of kit from town's sports club
- 7 'Beccles Mafia' reported to police for harassing elderly shoppers
- 8 'Be vigilant' plea after rise in vehicle thefts
- 9 New vaccination centre will open to cope with demand across Waveney
- 10 Voyeur watched people after setting up secret cameras in bathroom
A police spokesman said: “We were called following reports of an incident in Halesworth whereby a motorist is alleged to have used threatening and behaviour and language after a verbal disagreement with two pedestrians.”
Anyone who witnessed the incident or has any knowledge of it is asked to contact Suffolk Police on 101 quoting crime reference 2460/18 or call Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555111.