Halesworth woman wins holiday of a lifetime
- Credit: Archant
A Halesworth woman has won a £5,000 holiday of a lifetime after entering a national competition run by fuel brand JET.
Maria Hurren entered the JET, SET, GO summer promotion at JET’s AW&D Hammonds forecourt in Halesworth.
The competition was run as part of JET’s 60th anniversary celebrations.
Thousands of customers across the country won instant summer prizes including barbecue sets, travel gadgets, beach mats and picnic sets.
And four lucky winners, who were selected at random, each won a holiday worth £5,000 to a destination of their choice.
You may also want to watch:
Ms Hurren said: “I was thrilled when I found out I’d won the holiday – especially now that the summer holidays seem a distant memory!
“It was actually my son who helped me enter as I don’t have a computer!
- 1 Man 'let down' by GPs after undiagnosed pneumonia death, mother claims
- 2 Roads to close overnight for roundabout resurfacing
- 3 'Red-and-white spray paint doesn't count' - three danger lorries stopped
- 4 Hunt for man wanted for assaults in Lowestoft
- 5 Air ambulance called after man suffers medical emergency in Bungay
- 6 Cause for optimism in Norfolk as Delta variant Covid cases remain low
- 7 'It's pretty awful' - Anger as cannabis waste dumped by beauty spot
- 8 Town's Pride picnic postponed following restrictions delay
- 9 Primary school on track to achieving 'good' status according to Ofsted
- 10 Woman taken to hospital following crash on A146
“Now all I need to do is decide where I want to go and who to take with me.”
Louise Hammond, manager of JET’s AW&D Hammonds forecourt, said: “Our staff are delighted that one of the four national holiday prize winners entered the draw at our forecourt.
“It’s very exciting as another of our customers won £5,000 of fuel earlier this year in JET’s 1954 prize fund.
“These promotions are a great way to thank our loyal customers for their business in JET’s 60thanniversary year.”
The holidays will be booked with Jet2holidays.com.
• Have you got a story from the Halesworth area? Then the Beccles and Bungay Journal team would like to hear from you. Whether it’s a story from your local school, community group, or an event you would like us to publicise. Email firstname.lastname@example.org with the details or call 01502 715674.