Have your say on sports facilities
HALESWORTH residents are being urged to give their views on a site put forward for much-needed sports facilities in the town.The new playing fields could be across land at Brick Kiln Farm and at the corner of Fair View Road and Norwich Road.
HALESWORTH residents are being urged to give their views on a site put forward for much-needed sports facilities in the town.
The new playing fields could be across land at Brick Kiln Farm and at the corner of Fair View Road and Norwich Road. An open day is being held on Sunday for people to give their views and say what future developments they would like to see.
Tony Goldson, chairman of Halesworth Playing Field Association, said: “There has been a clear need for increased and improved sports facilities within the town. We have been working hard together with Waveney District Council to develop a project to deliver what the people of Halesworth and Holton deserve.
“I implore every resident who wishes for improved facilities to attend our open day and show their support for the project. Without a site we will be unable to deliver our plans, so it's imperative this site receives public support.”
You may also want to watch:
David Gallagher, Waveney's head of partnership management, said: “It has been a struggle to find a suitable site around Halesworth and Holton. We are therefore pleased that a potential site has been put forward and very keen that people from the local community take this opportunity to tell us what they think.”
The open day is being held on Sunday at the Cut in Halesworth from 11 am to 4 pm. People can also visit the LDF Site Specific Allocations page of www.waveney.gov.uk or call 01502 523029. The consultation will close on Monday 12 January 2009.
- 1 Life sentence for convicted rapist who attempted to murder Norfolk woman
- 2 Man dies in industrial incident at plastics factory
- 3 The community hub bringing the heart of Beccles together
- 4 Toolstation opens new store in Beccles
- 5 Free October half term events around Beccles and Bungay
- 6 Five Halloween events planned in Waveney this year
- 7 Woman's body found at Loddon home
- 8 MP still hopes to host surgeries in person after colleague killed
- 9 An A to Z of East Anglian cider
- 10 Health watchdog's concerns over 87-year-old's hospital discharge