Headteacher of Hobart High School bids farewell
- Credit: Nick Butcher
The end of the academic year on Tuesday also marked a change in leadership for Hobart High School in Loddon.
Sam Griffin, who joined the school in 2008, said goodbye to the pupils this week before leaving for a new position as head of St Ivo school in St Ives, Cambridgeshire.
Mr Griffin came to Norfolk 20 years ago as part of his teacher training and ended up staying, working in a number of schools across the county.
He told the Beccles and Bungay Journal earlier in the year that he had seen Hobart “develop, improve and modernise in many areas whilst retaining all of its central qualities”.
He said: “Hobart has been a very special place for me over the last seven years and has shown me what a great school looks and feels like, not least of all in terms of its outstanding students and what they contribute to the life of the whole community.
You may also want to watch:
“I will miss lots and lots of things – not least 800 fantastic kids who make coming into work every day worthwhile. The things they are achieving are fantastic.”
Taking over as headteacher is Jim Adams, who moves from Litcham School in Norfolk where he was headteacher and before that he was deputy head at Framingham Earl High School.
- 1 Man seen waving axe on horseback is jailed
- 2 Mattresses among items dumped in East Suffolk countryside
- 3 Travellers set up 'unauthorised' camp near to popular park in Oulton Broad
- 4 New McDonald's restaurant to open with safety measures in place
- 5 Private coastal school joins partnership to continue 'academic excellence'
- 6 Woman in 20s suffers serious leg injuries in late night crash
- 7 McDonald's branch to close for up to three months
- 8 'Illegal and unsafe' - Rave attended by 100 revellers is shut down
- 9 Tired but delighted - five businesses look back on first week reopen
- 10 Four men arrested after teenager robbed
Peter Fraser, chair of governors, said of the appointment in a letter to parents earlier this year: “He demonstrated a strong commitment to Hobart with a determination to build on our current successes.
“He is clearly looking forward to being part of the Hobart community and I am sure he will focus on ensuring our continued success into the future.”
Have you got a story from the Loddon area? Email the details to email@example.com or call 01502 712060.