Health plan idea for those with illness
PEOPLE with diabetes or heart failure are being encouraged to sign up for a free personal health plan.The plan is in a paperback-size folder and contains useful entry pages for people to log their medical history and relevant information about their health needs.
PEOPLE with diabetes or heart failure are being encouraged to sign up for a free personal health plan.
The plan is in a paperback-size folder and contains useful entry pages for people to log their medical history and relevant information about their health needs.
The aim of the personal health plan, or PHP, is so someone who has diabetes, heart failure or another long-term condition can take it with them when they go to see a healthcare professional or social services.
Linda Caine, a spokesman for NHS Great Yarmouth and Waveney, said: “The PHP is a record - a kind of health passport - that is personal to a patient, and has details of their medical issues and priorities.
You may also want to watch:
“We want patients to feel that they are in control of their own health and that professionals in the NHS and social care will listen to their views. These days the patient doesn't have to be passive and just get whatever care is handed to them.”
People who have diabetes and selected patients who have suffered heart failure will be invited by their GP to use the personal health plans when the project starts in December. It will be offered to all patients with long term conditions by March 2011.
- 1 'Like a horror film' - Friends left terrified after being followed in woods
- 2 'I'm just gobsmacked': east Suffolk pub receives £96,000 grant in Budget
- 3 Laptop stolen from parked car in Beccles
- 4 BMW overturns in ditch after coming off A146
- 5 Bungay Wave set to ripple through town in support of flooding victims
- 6 Plans for investment and upgraded facilities at Beccles Quay
- 7 Fire crews called to rural spot after horse found in ditch
- 8 Man in his 50s dies after head-on collision on A143
- 9 Backlash against raw sewage vote as local hotspots revealed
- 10 Man arrested on suspicion of drink and drug driving after fatal crash