'Small number' of staff at town's Tesco test positive for Covid-19
- Credit: Nick Butcher
A "small number" of staff have tested positive for coronavirus at a town supermarket, it has confirmed.
The Tesco Superstore, on George Westwood Way, in Beccles, remains open with a number of measures in place to keep customers and staff safe.
A spokesperson for Tesco said: "A small number of colleagues at our Beccles Superstore have tested positive for Covid-19.
"Their close contacts have been informed.
"The safety of our colleagues, customers and suppliers remains our number one priority and we are working with local public health authorities, following all government guidance and taking the relevant precautions.
"We have extensive measures across all of our stores to help keep everyone safe, including protective screens at every checkout, social distancing signage and regular cleaning."
It comes as latest figures show case rates in East Suffolk continue to fall, down to 303.05 cases per 100,000 people in the seven days to January 20, down from 423.31 in the seven days to January 13.
- 1 Drive-in fireworks display with food village returning for 2021
- 2 New Toolstation store opens in Beccles
- 3 School to play key role in supporting pupils' mental health across country
- 4 Tyres slashed on parked cars with damage caused overnight in Beccles
- 5 Youngsters prepare to take to the stage for debut performance
- 6 Man dies in industrial incident at plastics factory
- 7 Christmas in doubt as toy shop boss 'struggling with stock'
- 8 Quarry restoration to take six more years after delays
- 9 Transport pilot launched to help isolated communities around Bungay
- 10 Waveney schools to bring in additional measures to fight Covid rise