'Small number' of staff at town's Tesco test positive for Covid-19
- Credit: Nick Butcher
A "small number" of staff have tested positive for coronavirus at a town supermarket, it has confirmed.
The Tesco Superstore, on George Westwood Way, in Beccles, remains open with a number of measures in place to keep customers and staff safe.
A spokesperson for Tesco said: "A small number of colleagues at our Beccles Superstore have tested positive for Covid-19.
"Their close contacts have been informed.
"The safety of our colleagues, customers and suppliers remains our number one priority and we are working with local public health authorities, following all government guidance and taking the relevant precautions.
"We have extensive measures across all of our stores to help keep everyone safe, including protective screens at every checkout, social distancing signage and regular cleaning."
It comes as latest figures show case rates in East Suffolk continue to fall, down to 303.05 cases per 100,000 people in the seven days to January 20, down from 423.31 in the seven days to January 13.
- 1 New lease of life for fire ravaged town centre store
- 2 Man in 70s airlifted to hospital following fall from bike
- 3 'Leisure will be back' - Beccles reacts to PM roadmap announcement
- 4 Hospital first in UK to open vaccine clinic for people with disabilities
- 5 Former mayor given honour after 'tireless' efforts to help community
- 6 Bid for £6m so towns and villages can combat flooding
- 7 Motorists face 25-mile diversions with roads set to be closed
- 8 Decision to develop 33 homes in field deferred
- 9 Lockdown Covid breach and vehicles seized on 'busy day of action'
- 10 Woman in her 60s 'pushed' by man after dog altercation