'Small number' of staff at town's Tesco test positive for Covid-19
- Credit: Nick Butcher
A "small number" of staff have tested positive for coronavirus at a town supermarket, it has confirmed.
The Tesco Superstore, on George Westwood Way, in Beccles, remains open with a number of measures in place to keep customers and staff safe.
A spokesperson for Tesco said: "A small number of colleagues at our Beccles Superstore have tested positive for Covid-19.
"Their close contacts have been informed.
"The safety of our colleagues, customers and suppliers remains our number one priority and we are working with local public health authorities, following all government guidance and taking the relevant precautions.
"We have extensive measures across all of our stores to help keep everyone safe, including protective screens at every checkout, social distancing signage and regular cleaning."
It comes as latest figures show case rates in East Suffolk continue to fall, down to 303.05 cases per 100,000 people in the seven days to January 20, down from 423.31 in the seven days to January 13.
- 1 Geldeston Locks Inn pub near Beccles temporarily closes due to Covid
- 2 'It was as if Covid didn't exist' - Latitude-goers report positive tests
- 3 Plot of land near Beccles sells at auction for five times guide price
- 4 Man has jaw broken following punch at Latitude Festival
- 5 Heartbreak as Beccles Ladies miss out on Wembley dream at final hurdle
- 6 West End star set to visit youngsters at Beccles Public Hall
- 7 Devoted doctor, 93, to embark on dancing busk-athon in Lowestoft
- 8 Mortgage brokers win prestigious national award
- 9 Wanted Waveney man may be in London
- 10 Family fundraising for Aimee, 16, after leukaemia diagnosis