Heavy downpours clearing after deluge
HEAVY rain battered Suffolk overnight but forecasters said this morning the worst is over.In the last two hours the Met Office has lifted its severe weather warning for Suffolk and weather expert Joe Osborne at Weatherquest said the heaviest of the downpours are clearing away over the North Sea.
HEAVY rain battered Suffolk overnight but forecasters said this morning the worst is over.
In the last two hours the Met Office has lifted its severe weather warning for Suffolk and weather expert Joe Osborne at Weatherquest said the heaviest of the downpours are clearing away over the North Sea.
Parts of eastern Suffolk will be seeing the last of the heavy rain this morning as the final bursts of torrential rain clears off over the coast.
A spokesman for Suffolk police said he was not aware of any major problems with flooding.
You may also want to watch:
A spokesman for the East of England Ambulance Service said they had been expecting problems due to the weather overnight but this morning had yet to see any accidents on the county's roads as a result.
Mr Osborne said the unsettled weather is set to continue today with scattered showers and high winds building up as the heavy rain clears.
- 1 Voyeur watched people after setting up secret cameras in bathroom
- 2 Car park's £500 price hike was 'callous', town council says
- 3 Name unveiled for new Bungay SEND school
- 4 'Beccles Mafia' reported to police for harassing elderly shoppers
- 5 Bid for 40 new homes meets fresh opposition
- 6 Suffolk braced for up to 10cm of snow as warnings upgraded
- 7 Takeaway deli set to open in coastal town
- 8 'Disappointment' as thieves raid £16,000 of kit from town's sports club
- 9 Nine still under investigation after man knifed in village brawl
- 10 New vaccination centre will open to cope with demand across Waveney
He said we can expect some “breezy conditions” with gusts reaching around 30mph in places.
Temperatures are set to remain warm at around 20C.
Ipswich Borough Council (IBC) said Northgate Sports Centre had been closed this morning because of flooding.
A spokesman for IBC said staff are currently investigating and it is hoped the facility will be open by this afternoon.
Were you affected by the severe weather overnight? Call the Newsdesk on 01473 324788.