Broadcasting legend to host talent contest
- Credit: Steve Adams
One of East Anglia’s best-loved presenters is set to host a new talent contest.
Helen McDermott will be presenting ‘Young Talent at the Hall’ on Saturday, May 12, at Beccles Public Hall.
The contest is aimed at young people aged 11 to 17 years-old and will give them the opportunity to showcase any hidden talents.
Hall director Sue Bergin said: “We are delighted to have Helen McDermott as host for the evening.
“She’s one of our lovely patrons of the hall and she is really pleased to help us host this important opportunity for young people to showcase their many and wide talents.”
You may also want to watch:
Those interested in performing at the event should email hall manager James Aggett at firstname.lastname@example.org for an application form.
Entry to the competition costs £5 and the deadline is Friday, March 16, with auditions for the main event scheduled to take place on March 29 and 30.
For more information visit www.becclespublichall.org.uk
- 1 Green light for new homes bid in Norfolk village
- 2 Police hunt for missing Beccles man
- 3 Norfolk and Suffolk Elections 2021: LIVE Results
- 4 Driver convicted of killing friend in A12 crash
- 5 Primary school reopens after outbreak of 17 Covid cases
- 6 New mayor unveiled for Bungay
- 7 Opening date revealed for community pub with 1,400 shareholders
- 8 Suffolk elections 2021: When to expect results
- 9 Fire crews called out to bin fire at Bungay public toilets
- 10 McDonald's branch to close for up to three months