Broadcasting legend to host talent contest
- Credit: Steve Adams
One of East Anglia’s best-loved presenters is set to host a new talent contest.
Helen McDermott will be presenting ‘Young Talent at the Hall’ on Saturday, May 12, at Beccles Public Hall.
The contest is aimed at young people aged 11 to 17 years-old and will give them the opportunity to showcase any hidden talents.
Hall director Sue Bergin said: “We are delighted to have Helen McDermott as host for the evening.
“She’s one of our lovely patrons of the hall and she is really pleased to help us host this important opportunity for young people to showcase their many and wide talents.”
You may also want to watch:
Those interested in performing at the event should email hall manager James Aggett at email@example.com for an application form.
Entry to the competition costs £5 and the deadline is Friday, March 16, with auditions for the main event scheduled to take place on March 29 and 30.
For more information visit www.becclespublichall.org.uk
- 1 Man admits possessing hundreds of indecent images of children
- 2 Sniffer dogs find thousands of illegal cigarettes under manhole cover
- 3 Norfolk pizza company announces residencies at two more pubs
- 4 Thieves steal all-terrain vehicle from coastal property
- 5 Teenager who lost driving licence receives surprise in post
- 6 A146 closed after crash near Worlingham
- 7 Charity baker set for long-awaited return this weekend
- 8 Parishes planning Italian pop-up night in aid of village hall
- 9 Man makes comments to 18-year-old before kissing her hand in Bungay
- 10 Village pub opens brand new café