High-flying event draws the crowds
FAMILIES flocked to Henham Park to enjoy the sights and sounds of the popular Wings and Wheels event in glorious weather. The event, organised by Halesworth Lions, featured the world champion in glider aerobatics who wowed the crowds with some breathtaking stunts.
FAMILIES flocked to Henham Park to enjoy the sights and sounds of the popular Wings and Wheels event in glorious weather.
The event, organised by Halesworth Lions, featured the world champion in glider aerobatics who wowed the crowds with some breathtaking stunts.
As always, vintage planes and classic cars drew the crowds, with cherished Rolls Royce, Bentley and Lotus vehicles on show and looking their best in the May sunshine.
President of Halesworth Lions Mandy Hawksley said an estimated 5,000 people came through the gates on Sunday and money raised would go to local causes.
You may also want to watch:
She said that although the family-run Circus Masquerade, this year's new attraction, had to cancel due to problems with the big top, donkey rides and model train rides proved popular with children and there was plenty on offer to keep people of all ages entertained, including the Tiger Club Turbulent Team, who staged a barnstorming aerobatic display in Tiger Moths.
“It was a brilliant day with brilliant weather and lots of people,” she said. “Everything went really well - you could sit and watch the displays and totally relax. It was a proper family day out.”
- 1 Restaurant fined for refusing to close in third lockdown
- 2 'A momentous occasion': Pharmacies to start Covid vaccinations in Suffolk
- 3 Roundabout memorial bid for the 'Ole Chicken Man of Bungay'
- 4 Police investigate Southwold sign swearing at visitors to stay away
- 5 How I became Ralph Fiennes' assistant on Netflix's The Dig
- 6 Nine Norfolk flood alerts ahead of Storm Christoph
- 7 'Beccles Mafia' reported to police for harassing elderly shoppers
- 8 More than 100 people volunteer for health centre's 'amazing' vaccine rollout
- 9 Man recovering after suffering serious leg injury in crash
- 10 Paramedics respond after woman suffers medical emergency
She added: “It's getting bigger and bigger each year, and we try to do something different each year.”
Enjoying a picnic and sampling locally produced beer and fudge was the order of the day for many of the visitors to the beautiful Henham Park estate, near Southwold.