High hopes for new cartoon
A WORLD of superhero foxes and robot soldiers could be exploding on to our television screens if a determined director from Beccles has his way.Rob Turner, of Ravensmere, has rallied a group of animators and actors to work for free in producing a pilot, trailer and a couple of episodes for an animated series called Reynard City.
A WORLD of superhero foxes and robot soldiers could be exploding on to our television screens if a determined director from Beccles has his way.
Rob Turner, of Ravensmere, has rallied a group of animators and actors to work for free in producing a pilot, trailer and a couple of episodes for an animated series called Reynard City.
The 27-year-old is hoping to complete the pilot in the next few weeks, and will be sending it off to producers.
The actors gathered in the King's Head on Tuesday to record the audio for the last two episodes in the series.
You may also want to watch:
Reynard City, which Rob envisions appearing on channels such as BBC 3 or E4, would follow the adventures of AK Girl and her superhero friends.
The series will be aimed more towards older teenagers and has already appeared on the internet as a comic strip drawn up by Rob.
- 1 Tributes to much-loved Laura, 28, after Covid death
- 2 'No black hole' - MP reveals two new vaccine centres in towns
- 3 Touching tributes paid to 'great teacher and lovely man'
- 4 Anger from council over felled silver jubilee trees
- 5 Council vows to find answers to flooding issue
- 6 Christmas trees light up care farm’s day as it helps vulnerable through dark times
- 7 Restaurant fined for refusing to close in third lockdown
- 8 Suffolk Covid rates declining, but increased deaths expected
- 9 'Manipulative and scheming' man jailed for child sex offences
- 10 Woman in her 20s among 31 Covid patients to die in five days at hospital
Rob has enlisted the help of Worlingham animator Anna Brooke, 24, to help him make the series, as well as a team of animators from Norwich, London and the US. He also assembled a team of actors he met on the set of Stagger, a film by a local director
that was partly filmed in Beccles last year.
The team is looking for a sound engineer and sound studio. If anyone can offer up their services for free contact Linda on 07769647069.