High hopes for new cartoon
A WORLD of superhero foxes and robot soldiers could be exploding on to our television screens if a determined director from Beccles has his way.Rob Turner, of Ravensmere, has rallied a group of animators and actors to work for free in producing a pilot, trailer and a couple of episodes for an animated series called Reynard City.
A WORLD of superhero foxes and robot soldiers could be exploding on to our television screens if a determined director from Beccles has his way.
Rob Turner, of Ravensmere, has rallied a group of animators and actors to work for free in producing a pilot, trailer and a couple of episodes for an animated series called Reynard City.
The 27-year-old is hoping to complete the pilot in the next few weeks, and will be sending it off to producers.
The actors gathered in the King's Head on Tuesday to record the audio for the last two episodes in the series.
You may also want to watch:
Reynard City, which Rob envisions appearing on channels such as BBC 3 or E4, would follow the adventures of AK Girl and her superhero friends.
The series will be aimed more towards older teenagers and has already appeared on the internet as a comic strip drawn up by Rob.
- 1 Mattresses among items dumped in East Suffolk countryside
- 2 Man seen waving axe on horseback is jailed
- 3 'Illegal and unsafe' - Rave attended by 100 revellers is shut down
- 4 Private coastal school joins partnership to continue 'academic excellence'
- 5 New McDonald's restaurant to open with safety measures in place
- 6 McDonald's branch to close for up to three months
- 7 Tired but delighted - five businesses look back on first week reopen
- 8 Latitude line-up reveal delayed as bosses look to learn from Liverpool test
- 9 How old should children be to play outside on their own?
- 10 Norfolk's Covid rate still low despite slight rises in some areas
Rob has enlisted the help of Worlingham animator Anna Brooke, 24, to help him make the series, as well as a team of animators from Norwich, London and the US. He also assembled a team of actors he met on the set of Stagger, a film by a local director
that was partly filmed in Beccles last year.
The team is looking for a sound engineer and sound studio. If anyone can offer up their services for free contact Linda on 07769647069.