Praise for volunteers as community outreach project marks milestone
- Credit: Archant
A community outreach project is celebrating its fourth year in Beccles.
Sharel@Step, based on Northgate, works with vulnerable people to provide emotional and practical support.
And volunteers recently received a visit from the High Sheriff of Suffolk for 2017/2018, Geoffrey Probert, to mark the milestone.
Project director Theresa Cumbers said: “We have successfully shared over four years at our premises in Beccles and we could not have achieved what we have without working in partnership with other professional organisations and the community, for which we sincerely extend our thanks.
“We have witnessed that loneliness and isolation can strike anyone at any age and can seem an enormous problem for any person to tackle on their own. We are championing a strengths-based approach to offer a safe place to meet.”
You may also want to watch:
“The visit from the High Sheriff of Suffolk was so encouraging to all. He was very interested in how effectively we engage with the whole of the community and how we ensure that we provide supportive relationships based on trust.”
The drop in centre takes in donations of secondhand furniture and also includes a tea room and a link to the Foodbank.
- 1 No need to wait for booster invitation - clarification after Covid jab confusion
- 2 Christmas in doubt as toy shop boss 'struggling with stock'
- 3 Youngsters prepare to take to the stage for debut performance
- 4 Farm shop owners 'absolutely thrilled' at national award
- 5 Drive-in fireworks display with food village returning for 2021
- 6 New Toolstation store opens in Beccles
- 7 Waveney schools to bring in additional measures to fight Covid rise
- 8 Tyres slashed on parked cars with damage caused overnight in Beccles
- 9 Man dies in industrial incident at plastics factory
- 10 Man on walking tour of UK's coastline 'met with so much love' in Suffolk
Anyone who is able to spare a few hours to volunteer is welcome to pop into the shop or call 01502 341625.
For more information visit www.stepnorwich.org.uk