High tech entertainment for buses
FORGET grumpy bus conductors and draughty journeys.Anglian Bus is the first fleet in the region to roll out multi-media high definition screens on its state-of-the-art buses.
FORGET grumpy bus conductors and draughty journeys.
Anglian Bus is the first fleet in the region to roll out multi-media high definition screens on its state-of-the-art buses. It will also add free wi fi to its fleet - taking the board room to the bus.
From January, 50cm (17in) screens - dubbed AnglianScreen - will entertain and inform thousands of passengers in Norfolk.
20 buses have been fitted with ultra-modern LED screens, which will be clearly visible to passengers on both decks, with more planned for 2009.
You may also want to watch:
The screens will carry a 15-minute loop of travel information, photographs, community announcements and advertisements.
Anglian Bus's director Andrew Pursey said: “With up to 1,000 people a day travelling on each key route, this means advertisements will be seen by what is, quite literally, a captive audience. And the addition of wi fi means passengers can use the bus like an office.”
- 1 Life sentence for convicted rapist who attempted to murder Norfolk woman
- 2 Honda motorbike stolen in overnight theft in Bungay
- 3 Man dies in industrial incident at plastics factory
- 4 The community hub bringing the heart of Beccles together
- 5 Toolstation opens new store in Beccles
- 6 Free October half term events around Beccles and Bungay
- 7 MP still hopes to host surgeries in person after colleague killed
- 8 Five Halloween events planned in Waveney this year
- 9 An A to Z of East Anglian cider
- 10 New brewery restaurant opens for tapas nights, afternoon tea and more
The screens are the perfect medium for retailers with fast-changing products because the messages can easily be updated, he added.
Anglian Bus & Coach Ltd is a family-owned company operating 55 buses and 10 coaches, from its Beccles base, more than three quarters of which are low floor and environmentally friendly.
More than half of the bus fleet is less than three years old. In the last year, Anglian Bus has invested more than £2.5 million in new buses with more planned for 2009.
Andrew Pursey said: “Prices for adverts start from just £33 for a fortnight, making this an incredibly affordable and well targeted medium. So if you want to tell your customers about your latest deals, special offers, events, new products or anything about your business, there's no way better than AnglianScreen.”
The service will be available on the following routes:
588 Halesworth to Norwich via Bungay and Poringland
587 Poringland to Norwich via Stoke Holy Cross
X47 Gorleston and Yarmouth to Norwich via Acle
A47 Yarmouth to Norwich via Acle, Blofield and Brundall
For more information including high res images contact Georgina Wroe on 07976 529763 or email