Village to host first valuation event to boost hall fundraising
- Credit: Nick Butcher
A valuation afternoon will be held at Holton Village Hall for the first time on Sunday, April 29.
Starting at 1.30pm, visitors are invited to take three items to be evaluated for £2 by experts from Durrants Auctioneers of Beccles.
The event is part of an ongoing programme of events to keep the village hall up and running. It’s the only community space in the village and doubles up as a pop-up pub once a month, a venue for bingo every other week, and on the first Sunday of the month a hot cooked breakfast is served.
Cream teas will also be on offer on the day, featuring homemade scones and cakes.
Hilary Garner, chairman of the hall, said: “It’s another venture by our volunteers and helpers. We feel passionately that the hall, our only village asset, must be kept going, and pay its way.”
You may also want to watch:
During the first months of this year, double glazed windows were fitted, the hall was decorated and WiFi was installed.
A grant from Green Suffolk will also mean new insulation can be fitted before next winter.
- 1 Life sentence for convicted rapist who attempted to murder Norfolk woman
- 2 Honda motorbike stolen in overnight theft in Bungay
- 3 Man dies in industrial incident at plastics factory
- 4 The community hub bringing the heart of Beccles together
- 5 Toolstation opens new store in Beccles
- 6 Free October half term events around Beccles and Bungay
- 7 MP still hopes to host surgeries in person after colleague killed
- 8 Five Halloween events planned in Waveney this year
- 9 An A to Z of East Anglian cider
- 10 New brewery restaurant opens for tapas nights, afternoon tea and more
For more information call Wendy Mendham 01986 872590.