Village to host first valuation event to boost hall fundraising
- Credit: Nick Butcher
A valuation afternoon will be held at Holton Village Hall for the first time on Sunday, April 29.
Starting at 1.30pm, visitors are invited to take three items to be evaluated for £2 by experts from Durrants Auctioneers of Beccles.
The event is part of an ongoing programme of events to keep the village hall up and running. It’s the only community space in the village and doubles up as a pop-up pub once a month, a venue for bingo every other week, and on the first Sunday of the month a hot cooked breakfast is served.
Cream teas will also be on offer on the day, featuring homemade scones and cakes.
Hilary Garner, chairman of the hall, said: “It’s another venture by our volunteers and helpers. We feel passionately that the hall, our only village asset, must be kept going, and pay its way.”
During the first months of this year, double glazed windows were fitted, the hall was decorated and WiFi was installed.
A grant from Green Suffolk will also mean new insulation can be fitted before next winter.
- 1 Festival of Suffolk torch relay reaches Waveney
- 2 New Asian restaurant already fully booked a week after opening
- 3 What time will the Red Arrows be flying over Suffolk this weekend?
- 4 Suffolk drivers urged to use caution in Quiet Lanes amid growing scheme
- 5 Art gallery celebrating local talent to launch at site of former mill
- 6 Popular band preparing to celebrate best of British music in Beccles
- 7 Major road to close for resurfacing works costing £81,000
- 8 F1 star jumps out of plane over Suffolk town
- 9 Heavy delays on major Norfolk road after crash
- 10 Former bank could become vets to meet boom in pet ownership
For more information call Wendy Mendham 01986 872590.