Hospital given �25k boost
PLANS to provide patients with individual wards at a hospital near Bungay have been boosted with a donation totalling more than one third of the cost.Last year it was decided to convert two four-bed wards at All Hallows Hospital in Ditchingham into two single rooms with en suites.
PLANS to provide patients with individual wards at a hospital near Bungay have been boosted with a donation totalling more than one third of the cost.
Last year it was decided to convert two four-bed wards at All Hallows Hospital in Ditchingham into two single rooms with en suites.
Norwich-based Geoffrey Watling charity has now announced it will donate �25,000 towards converting the second ward, after the first ward conversion was completed six months ago.
Donna Oakins, who fundraises for the hospital alongside Friends of All Hallows Hospital, said the donation was “fantastic” and that the work would be completed once the full amount of �72,000, had been raised.
You may also want to watch:
She said the board of All Hallows Healthcare Trust and the sisters from the Community of All Hallows, who decided on the conversion, felt that being able to offer a single room to patients was a necessity, and that it helped with issues such as infection control, privacy and dignity, and improved sleep patterns.
She added that confused patients would be cared for better in a single room and would not be disruptive to other patients, and that single wards would give relatives of those receiving palliative care the chance to stay to help care for them.
- 1 Part of A143 closed after three-vehicle crash in early hours
- 2 Let's staycation in...Beccles
- 3 No need to wait for booster invitation - clarification after Covid jab confusion
- 4 Farm shop owners 'absolutely thrilled' at national award
- 5 Youngsters prepare to take to the stage for debut performance
- 6 Man dies in industrial incident at plastics factory
- 7 Christmas in doubt as toy shop boss 'struggling with stock'
- 8 Crime map shows locations of weapons offences in Suffolk
- 9 Tyres slashed on parked cars with damage caused overnight in Beccles
- 10 Psychic to use 'special gift' at Bungay's Fisher Theatre
Over the next few years the hospital has plans to build three extra single rooms, to return the number of beds to 30.