East Suffolk house prices dropped in July
- Credit: PA Wire/PA Images
House prices dropped by 2.2pc in East Suffolk in July, new figures show.
But the drop does not reverse the longer-term trend, which has seen property prices in the area achieve 7.4pc annual growth.
The average East Suffolk house price in July was £265,706, Land Registry figures show – a 2.2pc decrease on June.
Over the month, the picture was better than that across the East of England, where prices decreased 3.8pc, and East Suffolk outperformed the 3.7pc drop for the UK as a whole.
Over the last year, the average sale price of property in East Suffolk rose by £18,000 – putting the area 35th among the East of England’s 50 local authorities for annual growth.
You may also want to watch:
Owners of detached houses fared worst in East Suffolk in July, dropping 2.5pc in price to £143,439 on average.
Buyers, however, paid 14.9pc less than the average price in the East of England (£312,000) in July for a property in East Suffolk.
- 1 No need to wait for booster invitation - clarification after Covid jab confusion
- 2 Farm shop owners 'absolutely thrilled' at national award
- 3 Christmas in doubt as toy shop boss 'struggling with stock'
- 4 Youngsters prepare to take to the stage for debut performance
- 5 New Toolstation store opens in Beccles
- 6 Local recruitment crisis for dentists in east Suffolk
- 7 Tyres slashed on parked cars with damage caused overnight in Beccles
- 8 Drive-in fireworks display with food village returning for 2021
- 9 Man dies in industrial incident at plastics factory
- 10 Psychic to use 'special gift' at Bungay's Fisher Theatre