Have your say on coastal town's proposed neighbourhood plan
- Credit: Getty Images/iStockphoto
Community leaders in Southwold are encouraging residents to have their say on the resort's proposed neighbourhood plan before it is submitted for inspection.
Southwold Town Council has submitted its plan to East Suffolk Council to be publicised and to invite comments from the community.
Any comments will be sent to the examiner for consideration alongside the plan.
Subject to the plan successfully completing all the relevant regulatory stages, the policies and proposals contained in the plan will be used by East Suffolk when scrutinising planning applications within the Southwold neighbourhood area.
The neighbourhood plan can be viewed on East Suffolk's website and hard copies will be available as Southwold Town Hall.
David Ritchie, East Suffolk’s cabinet member for planning and coastal management, said: "Neighbourhood planning enables local communities to get directly involved with shaping the areas in which they live and work.
You may also want to watch:
"I would encourage those living in the Southwold area to view the plan and submit their comments."
- 1 All the events at Beccles Public Hall this autumn
- 2 Key workers share 'frustrating' impact of panic-buying of fuel
- 3 Beccles' first post-pandemic charity ride is a success
- 4 Q&A: All you need to know about fuel shortages
- 5 Popular GP bids farewell to patients with emotional letter after 33 years in Beccles
- 6 Speed checks on A144 near Halesworth just weeks after fatal crash
- 7 How farm shop grew from honesty-box shed to £1.2m turnover
- 8 Don't 'buckle to pressure': Warning as Nottingham Knockers target homes
- 9 Concerns over continued closure of Bungay bridge
- 10 New book chronicles one of the most tragic rail collisions in history