Have your say on coastal town's proposed neighbourhood plan
- Credit: Getty Images/iStockphoto
Community leaders in Southwold are encouraging residents to have their say on the resort's proposed neighbourhood plan before it is submitted for inspection.
Southwold Town Council has submitted its plan to East Suffolk Council to be publicised and to invite comments from the community.
Any comments will be sent to the examiner for consideration alongside the plan.
Subject to the plan successfully completing all the relevant regulatory stages, the policies and proposals contained in the plan will be used by East Suffolk when scrutinising planning applications within the Southwold neighbourhood area.
The neighbourhood plan can be viewed on East Suffolk's website and hard copies will be available as Southwold Town Hall.
David Ritchie, East Suffolk’s cabinet member for planning and coastal management, said: "Neighbourhood planning enables local communities to get directly involved with shaping the areas in which they live and work.
You may also want to watch:
"I would encourage those living in the Southwold area to view the plan and submit their comments."
- 1 Man 'let down' by GPs after undiagnosed pneumonia death, mother claims
- 2 Roads to close overnight for roundabout resurfacing
- 3 Man suffers broken leg in serious crash on A12
- 4 'Red-and-white spray paint doesn't count' - three danger lorries stopped
- 5 Cause for optimism in Norfolk as Delta variant Covid cases remain low
- 6 Air ambulance called after man suffers medical emergency in Bungay
- 7 Hunt for man wanted for assaults in Lowestoft
- 8 Town's Pride picnic postponed following restrictions delay
- 9 'Everyone recognises me now' - Plant continues to grow at rapid rate
- 10 'It's pretty awful' - Anger as cannabis waste dumped by beauty spot