Road blocked after lorry overturns on bend
- Credit: Archant
A driver and passenger escaped with only minor injures after the seven-and-a-half tonne lorry they were travelling in overturned along a country lane.
The crash took place on the B1127 Hulver Street, near Beccles, about 11am today (Monday, September 3) and has left the road blocked.
A spokesman for Suffolk Police said officers were called to Hulver Street at around 11.10am after reports of a single vehicle collision.
When police arrived they found a large van had overturned on a bend - blocking the road.
The spokesman added: “The passenger was initially trapped as it had gone over on that side. But when police and fire arrived both the driver and passenger were out of the vehicle.”
You may also want to watch:
The male passenger suffered a suspected leg injury and was taken to hospital by East of England Ambulance Service.
Suffolk Fire and Rescue Service were also on scene.
- 1 Restaurant fined for refusing to close in third lockdown
- 2 Hundreds receive coronavirus vaccine at pharmacy
- 3 People 'losing patience' with neighbours who flout Covid rules, police say
- 4 Yellow weather warning for snow in place across region
- 5 Tributes to much-loved Laura, 28, after Covid death
- 6 It's 'a long, long way' until lockdown restrictions are lifted - Hancock
- 7 'Manipulative and scheming' man jailed for child sex offences
- 8 Anger from council over felled silver jubilee trees
- 9 Rapid Covid test sites planned for Bury St Edmunds and Lowestoft
- 10 Woman in her 20s among 31 Covid patients to die in five days at hospital
In a tweet describing the rescue Norfolk and Suffolk Roads Policing and Firearms Unit praised the “great teamwork” of the different emergency services.
Highways England were also requested due to damage to the road.