Road blocked after lorry overturns on bend
- Credit: Archant
A driver and passenger escaped with only minor injures after the seven-and-a-half tonne lorry they were travelling in overturned along a country lane.
The crash took place on the B1127 Hulver Street, near Beccles, about 11am today (Monday, September 3) and has left the road blocked.
A spokesman for Suffolk Police said officers were called to Hulver Street at around 11.10am after reports of a single vehicle collision.
When police arrived they found a large van had overturned on a bend - blocking the road.
The spokesman added: “The passenger was initially trapped as it had gone over on that side. But when police and fire arrived both the driver and passenger were out of the vehicle.”
You may also want to watch:
The male passenger suffered a suspected leg injury and was taken to hospital by East of England Ambulance Service.
Suffolk Fire and Rescue Service were also on scene.
- 1 New Toolstation store opens in Beccles
- 2 Tyres slashed on parked cars with damage caused overnight in Beccles
- 3 Transport pilot launched to help isolated communities around Bungay
- 4 School to play key role in supporting pupils' mental health across country
- 5 Quarry restoration to take six more years after delays
- 6 Drive-in fireworks display with food village returning for 2021
- 7 Man dies in industrial incident at plastics factory
- 8 See Hunter's Moon and Orionid meteors in Suffolk skies tonight
- 9 Honda motorbike stolen in overnight theft in Bungay
- 10 Do you have rare East Anglian apples growing in your garden?
In a tweet describing the rescue Norfolk and Suffolk Roads Policing and Firearms Unit praised the “great teamwork” of the different emergency services.
Highways England were also requested due to damage to the road.