Road blocked after lorry overturns on bend
- Credit: Archant
A driver and passenger escaped with only minor injures after the seven-and-a-half tonne lorry they were travelling in overturned along a country lane.
The crash took place on the B1127 Hulver Street, near Beccles, about 11am today (Monday, September 3) and has left the road blocked.
A spokesman for Suffolk Police said officers were called to Hulver Street at around 11.10am after reports of a single vehicle collision.
When police arrived they found a large van had overturned on a bend - blocking the road.
The spokesman added: “The passenger was initially trapped as it had gone over on that side. But when police and fire arrived both the driver and passenger were out of the vehicle.”
You may also want to watch:
The male passenger suffered a suspected leg injury and was taken to hospital by East of England Ambulance Service.
Suffolk Fire and Rescue Service were also on scene.
- 1 'Lucky number seven' - Landlord opens 'flagship' pub in hometown
- 2 Driver suffers minor injuries in crash with minibus
- 3 'On top of the world' - Joy as shops new and old reopen in Beccles
- 4 Picturesque Bungay retirement home officially Grade II listed
- 5 Teenage drink driver to appear in court after crash
- 6 Tools stolen in spate of van break-ins
- 7 Emergency works cause early morning traffic chaos on A47
- 8 Arson probe after flames from lit aerosol cans cause late night damage
- 9 Charity shops see record sales and donations after reopening
- 10 Under-50s to be called for vaccines as Moderna jab arrives in England
In a tweet describing the rescue Norfolk and Suffolk Roads Policing and Firearms Unit praised the “great teamwork” of the different emergency services.
Highways England were also requested due to damage to the road.