Hundreds raised for church and men’s shed at Ditchingham fete
- Credit: Archant
Hundreds of pounds were raised for two local causes at Ditchingham’s grand village fete.
The event saw visitors enjoying 43 stalls at ‘The Dip’, along with live music, a circus workshop and donkey rides.
Games stalls raised £200 for the Ditchingham Men’s Shed project, with a further £571 raised towards an ongoing appeal to repair the roof at St Mary’s Church in the village.
Organiser Georgina Simmonds said: “Despite the storm over night the morning started off good. We had 43 stalls turn up, lots more people than last year and there was a good atmosphere with people laughing and having fun.
“I would like to thank everyone who came and support us and a big thanks to all the people from the village who helped out and made the day run smoothly.”
You may also want to watch:
The next event will be the Dicthingham community Christmas fayre on November 26.
For more details follow the Facebook page.
- 1 Tributes paid to snowdrop expert 'with a twinkle in his eye'
- 2 Disappointment as Norfolk vs Suffolk dwile flonking tournament postponed
- 3 Extraordinary meeting called over village solar farm
- 4 Best kept gardens crowned as competition returns
- 5 Bell Tower reopens offering panoramic views of Waveney Valley
- 6 Wanted Beccles man arrested in London
- 7 Nearly 20,000 parking fines since council took control of enforcement
- 8 Fire crews called to help baby seagull trapped in netting
- 9 Latitude labelled 'Covid fest' by health boss as staff forced to isolate
- 10 Hotspot tourists targeted by virus ads safety message