Hundreds raised for church and men’s shed at Ditchingham fete
- Credit: Archant
Hundreds of pounds were raised for two local causes at Ditchingham’s grand village fete.
The event saw visitors enjoying 43 stalls at ‘The Dip’, along with live music, a circus workshop and donkey rides.
Games stalls raised £200 for the Ditchingham Men’s Shed project, with a further £571 raised towards an ongoing appeal to repair the roof at St Mary’s Church in the village.
Organiser Georgina Simmonds said: “Despite the storm over night the morning started off good. We had 43 stalls turn up, lots more people than last year and there was a good atmosphere with people laughing and having fun.
“I would like to thank everyone who came and support us and a big thanks to all the people from the village who helped out and made the day run smoothly.”
You may also want to watch:
The next event will be the Dicthingham community Christmas fayre on November 26.
For more details follow the Facebook page.
- 1 Mattresses among items dumped in East Suffolk countryside
- 2 Man seen waving axe on horseback is jailed
- 3 'Illegal and unsafe' - Rave attended by 100 revellers is shut down
- 4 Private coastal school joins partnership to continue 'academic excellence'
- 5 New McDonald's restaurant to open with safety measures in place
- 6 Tired but delighted - five businesses look back on first week reopen
- 7 McDonald's branch to close for up to three months
- 8 Latitude line-up reveal delayed as bosses look to learn from Liverpool test
- 9 Norfolk's Covid rate still low despite slight rises in some areas
- 10 Travellers set up 'unauthorised' camp near to popular park in Oulton Broad