Hundreds raised for church and men’s shed at Ditchingham fete
- Credit: Archant
Hundreds of pounds were raised for two local causes at Ditchingham’s grand village fete.
The event saw visitors enjoying 43 stalls at ‘The Dip’, along with live music, a circus workshop and donkey rides.
Games stalls raised £200 for the Ditchingham Men’s Shed project, with a further £571 raised towards an ongoing appeal to repair the roof at St Mary’s Church in the village.
Organiser Georgina Simmonds said: “Despite the storm over night the morning started off good. We had 43 stalls turn up, lots more people than last year and there was a good atmosphere with people laughing and having fun.
“I would like to thank everyone who came and support us and a big thanks to all the people from the village who helped out and made the day run smoothly.”
You may also want to watch:
The next event will be the Dicthingham community Christmas fayre on November 26.
For more details follow the Facebook page.
- 1 Roundabout memorial bid for the 'Ole Chicken Man of Bungay'
- 2 'A momentous occasion': Pharmacies to start Covid vaccinations in Suffolk
- 3 Restaurant fined for refusing to close in third lockdown
- 4 How I became Ralph Fiennes' assistant on Netflix's The Dig
- 5 Nine Norfolk flood alerts ahead of Storm Christoph
- 6 Police investigate Southwold sign swearing at visitors to stay away
- 7 'Be vigilant' plea after rise in vehicle thefts
- 8 Frustration at delays to planned London-direct trains
- 9 Man recovering after suffering serious leg injury in crash
- 10 Paramedics respond after woman suffers medical emergency