Hundreds turn out for the annual Beccles Hospital fete
- Credit: James Bass
The organisers of the annual Beccles Hospital fete are hopeful this year’s event will match the £4,000 raised last year.
Held at the Beccles and District War Memorial Hospital on Saturday, the fete offered something for all the family with hundreds of people turning out for the event.
There were a variety of stalls with plants, tombola and a bouncy castle in addition to ice cream and homemade cakes.
There were displays from the June Glennie School of Dance and the Sir John Leman jazz band - who were presented with the Hospital Fete Cup by the Beccles Rotary Club for their regular support - also entertained visitors to the fete which raises money for the League of Friends hospital and other local medically-related charities.
“It went very well and we had the most wonderful weather,” said John Swanbury, from the Rotary Club of Beccles. “We had big crowds and the John Leman jazz band entertained with skill and the June Glennie dances were as always extremely popular.”
You may also want to watch:
At the fete the draw for the Beccles Cycle for Life prize bicycle was made, by Beccles Carnival Queen Christine Soanes. The winner was James Godbold who is from Beccles.
Mr Swanbury added: “We raised £400 on the flag day collection on Friday and we’re hoping to match the £4,000 raised overall last year. We’re very pleased indeed as it’s a marvellous amount and we’re very thankful to all who contributed.”
- 1 Man arrested on suspicion of drink and drug driving after fatal crash
- 2 Man in his 50s dies after head-on collision on A143
- 3 Diversions in place as water main works take place in Loddon
- 4 Special woodland event to remember those we have lost
- 5 Stunning swan photo shot in Norfolk gains national recognition
- 6 Part of A143 closed after three-vehicle crash in early hours
- 7 Man dies in industrial incident at plastics factory
- 8 Suffolk police share ridiculous reasons for 999 calls
- 9 Norfolk boatyard sells at auction for almost double expected guide price
- 10 No need to wait for booster invitation - clarification after Covid jab confusion