Pining for more: Christmas trees revealed for festival
- Credit: Nick Butcher
The community have come together to decorate real Christmas trees ahead of the festive season.
A record breaking 60 trees have been draped with eclectic baubles, tinsel and fairy lights by members of the community for the 16th Hungate Christmas tree festival. The Christmas trees all carry a theme and are displayed at Huntgate Church in Beccles.
Twenty-five of the fresh trees have been decorated by children or young people.
Brenda Sigsworth has been involved in the charity event since it began in 2002.
Mrs Sigsworth said: “We started with 20 Christmas trees and we had 55 of them last year. I think it is something that involves the whole town.”
You may also want to watch:
This year, some of the children involved followed an environmentally conscious theme while others focused on more political.
The event will run from Friday, November 30 until December 2 and will cost £2 at the door.
- 1 Restaurant fined for refusing to close in third lockdown
- 2 Hundreds receive coronavirus vaccine at pharmacy
- 3 People 'losing patience' with neighbours who flout Covid rules, police say
- 4 Yellow weather warning for snow in place across region
- 5 Tributes to much-loved Laura, 28, after Covid death
- 6 It's 'a long, long way' until lockdown restrictions are lifted - Hancock
- 7 'Manipulative and scheming' man jailed for child sex offences
- 8 Anger from council over felled silver jubilee trees
- 9 Rapid Covid test sites planned for Bury St Edmunds and Lowestoft
- 10 Woman in her 20s among 31 Covid patients to die in five days at hospital