Pining for more: Christmas trees revealed for festival
- Credit: Nick Butcher
The community have come together to decorate real Christmas trees ahead of the festive season.
A record breaking 60 trees have been draped with eclectic baubles, tinsel and fairy lights by members of the community for the 16th Hungate Christmas tree festival. The Christmas trees all carry a theme and are displayed at Huntgate Church in Beccles.
Twenty-five of the fresh trees have been decorated by children or young people.
Brenda Sigsworth has been involved in the charity event since it began in 2002.
Mrs Sigsworth said: “We started with 20 Christmas trees and we had 55 of them last year. I think it is something that involves the whole town.”
You may also want to watch:
This year, some of the children involved followed an environmentally conscious theme while others focused on more political.
The event will run from Friday, November 30 until December 2 and will cost £2 at the door.
- 1 Honda motorbike stolen in overnight theft in Bungay
- 2 Man dies in industrial incident at plastics factory
- 3 Creator of mystery Covehithe statue reveals where it went
- 4 Life sentence for convicted rapist who attempted to murder Norfolk woman
- 5 Tyres slashed on parked cars with damage caused overnight in Beccles
- 6 Toolstation opens new store in Beccles
- 7 The community hub bringing the heart of Beccles together
- 8 Free October half term events around Beccles and Bungay
- 9 MP still hopes to host surgeries in person after colleague killed
- 10 Popular GP bids farewell to patients with emotional letter after 33 years in Beccles