Iconic singer to perform at Bungay theatre
- Credit: Archant
Following her sell out acoustic show in Beccles last year, 80s icon Toyah Willcox returns to the area, appearing at The Fisher Theatre, Bungay, in concert with her full band.
Toyah is best known for her hits singles I Want to be Free, Thunder in the Mountains and It’s a Mystery.
She has produced more than 17 albums and tours relentelessely, appearing often throughout the UK and Europe.
Her vibrancy and energy has won over many audiences in a career spanning 39 years, 13 top 40 singles, 20 albums, two books, over 40 stage plays, 15 feature films and television programmes as diverse as The Good Sex Guide Late, Watchdog and Songs Of Praise.
It all began in her hometown of Birmingham in 1977 when film director Derek Jarman offered her the role of Mad in seminal punk epic Jubilee. She continued to gain strong roles, appearing alongside Katherine Hepburn in the film, The Corn is Green, as well as playing Monkey in the legendary Quadrophenia.
You may also want to watch:
In 2015, Toyah continued to be seen on film, acting in productions from the Electric Flix thriller short Three Sides Of The Coin, the British horror feature film Extremis and an ambitious UK science-fiction production Kaleidoscope Man.
Tickets for the show, at 8pm next Saturday, February 20 are £25.
- 1 New Toolstation store opens in Beccles
- 2 Tyres slashed on parked cars with damage caused overnight in Beccles
- 3 Quarry restoration to take six more years after delays
- 4 Transport pilot launched to help isolated communities around Bungay
- 5 Man dies in industrial incident at plastics factory
- 6 Honda motorbike stolen in overnight theft in Bungay
- 7 Creator of mystery Covehithe statue reveals where it went
- 8 Toolstation opens new store in Beccles
- 9 Life sentence for convicted rapist who attempted to murder Norfolk woman
- 10 Graduation worth the wait for East Coast College's class of 2020
They can be bought from Kulture Shock, Blyburgate, Beccles or from The Fisher Theatre, Bungay. Fans attending can meet Toyah after the show when she will be happy to chat to fans and sign autographs, included in the ticket price. Cameras are welcome at the concert.