Iconic singer to perform at Bungay theatre
- Credit: Archant
Following her sell out acoustic show in Beccles last year, 80s icon Toyah Willcox returns to the area, appearing at The Fisher Theatre, Bungay, in concert with her full band.
Toyah is best known for her hits singles I Want to be Free, Thunder in the Mountains and It’s a Mystery.
She has produced more than 17 albums and tours relentelessely, appearing often throughout the UK and Europe.
Her vibrancy and energy has won over many audiences in a career spanning 39 years, 13 top 40 singles, 20 albums, two books, over 40 stage plays, 15 feature films and television programmes as diverse as The Good Sex Guide Late, Watchdog and Songs Of Praise.
It all began in her hometown of Birmingham in 1977 when film director Derek Jarman offered her the role of Mad in seminal punk epic Jubilee. She continued to gain strong roles, appearing alongside Katherine Hepburn in the film, The Corn is Green, as well as playing Monkey in the legendary Quadrophenia.
You may also want to watch:
In 2015, Toyah continued to be seen on film, acting in productions from the Electric Flix thriller short Three Sides Of The Coin, the British horror feature film Extremis and an ambitious UK science-fiction production Kaleidoscope Man.
Tickets for the show, at 8pm next Saturday, February 20 are £25.
- 1 New headteacher unveiled for town's high school
- 2 Man 'let down' by GPs after undiagnosed pneumonia death, mother claims
- 3 Roads to close overnight for roundabout resurfacing
- 4 Man suffers broken leg in serious crash on A12
- 5 Pub staff 'run off their feet' during Euros campaign
- 6 'Red-and-white spray paint doesn't count' - three danger lorries stopped
- 7 Air ambulance called after man suffers medical emergency in Bungay
- 8 'Everyone recognises me now' - Plant continues to grow at rapid rate
- 9 Newcastle Falcons rugby star's new role at Norfolk school
- 10 Town's Pride picnic postponed following restrictions delay
They can be bought from Kulture Shock, Blyburgate, Beccles or from The Fisher Theatre, Bungay. Fans attending can meet Toyah after the show when she will be happy to chat to fans and sign autographs, included in the ticket price. Cameras are welcome at the concert.