Inflatable football pitch, rounders, dodgeball and more on offer for youngsters this summer
- Credit: Archant
Free sports activities will be on offer this summer for youngsters in Beccles.
Elfrede Brambley-Crawshaw, Suffolk county councillor for the town, has teamed up with Beccles Town Council to provide funding for free sports activities at Beccles Quay and Darby Park.
And with the help of Sentinel Leisure Trust, each session will have fully qualified sports coaches who will run activities with the emphasis on fun.
A huge inflatable football pitch will be set up at Beccles Quay on July 30 and at Darby Park on August 31.
Activities will include rounders, football, dodgeball, tag rugby and street golf.
You may also want to watch:
Mrs Brambley-Crawshaw said: “It’s great for children to get out in the fresh air and have fun with their friends in our beautiful green spaces.”
The activities are aimed at children aged 10 and over. Youngsters can be left or parents are welcome to stay and take along a picnic.
- 1 Roundabout memorial bid for the 'Ole Chicken Man of Bungay'
- 2 'A momentous occasion': Pharmacies to start Covid vaccinations in Suffolk
- 3 How I became Ralph Fiennes' assistant on Netflix's The Dig
- 4 Nine Norfolk flood alerts ahead of Storm Christoph
- 5 'Anti-social rider' has quadbike seized in the snow
- 6 Police investigate Southwold sign swearing at visitors to stay away
- 7 Man recovering after suffering serious leg injury in crash
- 8 Paramedics respond after woman suffers medical emergency
- 9 'Be vigilant' plea after rise in vehicle thefts
- 10 Frustration at delays to planned London-direct trains
The activity sessions will be running at Beccles Quay on July 30 and August 29, and at Darby Park on August 3 and August 31. All will run from 10am to 2pm.