Inflatable football pitch, rounders, dodgeball and more on offer for youngsters this summer
- Credit: Archant
Free sports activities will be on offer this summer for youngsters in Beccles.
Elfrede Brambley-Crawshaw, Suffolk county councillor for the town, has teamed up with Beccles Town Council to provide funding for free sports activities at Beccles Quay and Darby Park.
And with the help of Sentinel Leisure Trust, each session will have fully qualified sports coaches who will run activities with the emphasis on fun.
A huge inflatable football pitch will be set up at Beccles Quay on July 30 and at Darby Park on August 31.
Activities will include rounders, football, dodgeball, tag rugby and street golf.
You may also want to watch:
Mrs Brambley-Crawshaw said: “It’s great for children to get out in the fresh air and have fun with their friends in our beautiful green spaces.”
The activities are aimed at children aged 10 and over. Youngsters can be left or parents are welcome to stay and take along a picnic.
- 1 Life sentence for convicted rapist who attempted to murder Norfolk woman
- 2 Man dies in industrial incident at plastics factory
- 3 The community hub bringing the heart of Beccles together
- 4 Toolstation opens new store in Beccles
- 5 Free October half term events around Beccles and Bungay
- 6 Five Halloween events planned in Waveney this year
- 7 MP still hopes to host surgeries in person after colleague killed
- 8 Woman's body found at Loddon home
- 9 An A to Z of East Anglian cider
- 10 New brewery restaurant opens for tapas nights, afternoon tea and more
The activity sessions will be running at Beccles Quay on July 30 and August 29, and at Darby Park on August 3 and August 31. All will run from 10am to 2pm.