Inquest into six-year-old boy’s death from meningitis adjourned
- Credit: Archant
An inquest has been opened and adjourned into the death of a six-year-old boy from Halesworth who died of meningitis B.
Oliver Hall died on Tuesday, October 24 last year, hours after being admitted to James Paget Hospital in Gorleston.
At yesterday’s inquest opening, Dr Dan Sharpstone, assistant Suffolk coroner, said Oliver had become unwell on the morning of October 23.
He said he was taken to his GP and the family were given medical advice.
However, Oliver’s condition deteriorated and he was rushed to the James Paget Hospital.
You may also want to watch:
“Unfortunately, he died at the hospital,” said Dr Sharpstone.
He said the cause of death was meningococcal septicaemia.
- 1 New Toolstation store opens in Beccles
- 2 Tyres slashed on parked cars with damage caused overnight in Beccles
- 3 Transport pilot launched to help isolated communities around Bungay
- 4 School to play key role in supporting pupils' mental health across country
- 5 Quarry restoration to take six more years after delays
- 6 Drive-in fireworks display with food village returning for 2021
- 7 Man dies in industrial incident at plastics factory
- 8 See Hunter's Moon and Orionid meteors in Suffolk skies tonight
- 9 Honda motorbike stolen in overnight theft in Bungay
- 10 Do you have rare East Anglian apples growing in your garden?
Since Oliver’s death, his parents Bryan and Georgie Hall have worked with charity Meningitis Now to raise awareness about the condition, campaigning for the wider availability of vaccines.