Search

Inquest into six-year-old boy’s death from meningitis adjourned

PUBLISHED: 10:14 24 April 2018 | UPDATED: 10:39 24 April 2018

Oliver Hall died from meningitis B in October last year. Picture: Bryan and Georgie Hall

Oliver Hall died from meningitis B in October last year. Picture: Bryan and Georgie Hall

Archant

An inquest has been opened and adjourned into the death of a six-year-old boy from Halesworth who died of meningitis B.

Oliver Hall died on Tuesday, October 24 last year, hours after being admitted to James Paget Hospital in Gorleston.

At yesterday’s inquest opening, Dr Dan Sharpstone, assistant Suffolk coroner, said Oliver had become unwell on the morning of October 23.

He said he was taken to his GP and the family were given medical advice.

However, Oliver’s condition deteriorated and he was rushed to the James Paget Hospital.

“Unfortunately, he died at the hospital,” said Dr Sharpstone.

He said the cause of death was meningococcal septicaemia.

Since Oliver’s death, his parents Bryan and Georgie Hall have worked with charity Meningitis Now to raise awareness about the condition, campaigning for the wider availability of vaccines.


If you value what this story gives you, please consider supporting the Beccles and Bungay Journal. Click the link in the orange box above for details.

Most Read

Become a supporter

This newspaper has been a central part of community life for many years. Our industry faces testing times, which is why we're asking for your support. Every contribution will help us continue to produce local journalism that makes a measurable difference to our community.

Comments have been disabled on this article.

Most Read

Latest from the Beccles and Bungay Journal