Is your street as festive as Worlingham’s Park Drive?
- Credit: Nick Butcher
For the past 15 years, since moving to Worlingham, Julie and Richard Kerton have decorated their home with festive lights every December.
And as you drive down Park Drive to the end, the street is lit up not just by the Kerton’s decorations, but by more than 15 other bungalows and houses sparkling for the Christmas season.
Mrs Kerton said: “It’s growing as the years go on and we just keep seeing more and more along the row.
“There’s a little bit of fun rivalry between us which we have a joke about.
“It seems a bit unique because you see the odd house dotted here and there, but not that many in one road.
You may also want to watch:
“We pride ourselves on our lights and frequently have cars driving very slowly up and down the road to catch a glimpse of the giant snowman, Santa on the roof, reindeers and stunning lights. We often see adults walking their children and grandchildren along the road pointing at the houses.”
Mr and Mrs Kerton put their lights up on December 1, and a couple of years ago won an award from the parish council in a Christmas lights competition.
- 1 Latitude line-up reveal delayed as bosses look to learn from Liverpool test
- 2 McDonald's branch to close for up to three months
- 3 Photos of suspected stolen dogs released in bid to find owners
- 4 Mattresses among items dumped in East Suffolk countryside
- 5 Police told family of father who died after restraint that he was sleeping
- 6 Tired but delighted - five businesses look back on first week reopen
- 7 'Absolutely crazy' - Beer gardens bustle on first weekend open
- 8 Is this your Range Rover? - Police seize vehicles and cash in raid
- 9 Driver flees after crashing into level crossing
- 10 'Lucky number seven' - Landlord opens 'flagship' pub in hometown
•Is your house or road decorated for Christmas? Email photos along with your contact details to email@example.com