Is your street as festive as Worlingham’s Park Drive?
- Credit: Nick Butcher
For the past 15 years, since moving to Worlingham, Julie and Richard Kerton have decorated their home with festive lights every December.
And as you drive down Park Drive to the end, the street is lit up not just by the Kerton’s decorations, but by more than 15 other bungalows and houses sparkling for the Christmas season.
Mrs Kerton said: “It’s growing as the years go on and we just keep seeing more and more along the row.
“There’s a little bit of fun rivalry between us which we have a joke about.
“It seems a bit unique because you see the odd house dotted here and there, but not that many in one road.
You may also want to watch:
“We pride ourselves on our lights and frequently have cars driving very slowly up and down the road to catch a glimpse of the giant snowman, Santa on the roof, reindeers and stunning lights. We often see adults walking their children and grandchildren along the road pointing at the houses.”
Mr and Mrs Kerton put their lights up on December 1, and a couple of years ago won an award from the parish council in a Christmas lights competition.
- 1 Man dies in industrial incident at plastics factory
- 2 Life sentence for convicted rapist who attempted to murder Norfolk woman
- 3 The community hub bringing the heart of Beccles together
- 4 Free October half term events around Beccles and Bungay
- 5 Toolstation opens new store in Beccles
- 6 'Increased demand' but waits 'subsiding' at local heating oil company
- 7 Man suffered double jaw fracture in Norwich bar attack
- 8 Health watchdog's concerns over 87-year-old's hospital discharge
- 9 Calls to volunteer for St Elizabeth Hospice
- 10 Woman's body found at Loddon home
•Is your house or road decorated for Christmas? Email photos along with your contact details to email@example.com