Is your street as festive as Worlingham’s Park Drive?
- Credit: Nick Butcher
For the past 15 years, since moving to Worlingham, Julie and Richard Kerton have decorated their home with festive lights every December.
And as you drive down Park Drive to the end, the street is lit up not just by the Kerton’s decorations, but by more than 15 other bungalows and houses sparkling for the Christmas season.
Mrs Kerton said: “It’s growing as the years go on and we just keep seeing more and more along the row.
“There’s a little bit of fun rivalry between us which we have a joke about.
“It seems a bit unique because you see the odd house dotted here and there, but not that many in one road.
You may also want to watch:
“We pride ourselves on our lights and frequently have cars driving very slowly up and down the road to catch a glimpse of the giant snowman, Santa on the roof, reindeers and stunning lights. We often see adults walking their children and grandchildren along the road pointing at the houses.”
Mr and Mrs Kerton put their lights up on December 1, and a couple of years ago won an award from the parish council in a Christmas lights competition.
- 1 Plot of land near Beccles sells at auction for five times guide price
- 2 Weather warning as more thunderstorms set to hit parts of the region
- 3 Geldeston Locks Inn pub near Beccles temporarily closes due to Covid
- 4 'It was as if Covid didn't exist' - Latitude-goers report positive tests
- 5 West End star set to visit youngsters at Beccles Public Hall
- 6 Man has jaw broken following punch at Latitude Festival
- 7 Heartbreak as Beccles Ladies miss out on Wembley dream at final hurdle
- 8 Wanted Waveney man may be in London
- 9 Youngsters aged 12 to 18 to begin receiving Covid vaccinations
- 10 Devoted doctor, 93, to embark on dancing busk-athon in Lowestoft
•Is your house or road decorated for Christmas? Email photos along with your contact details to firstname.lastname@example.org