Special message ensures seven-year-old boy has magical Christmas
- Credit: Archant
A seven-year-old’s festive season was made extra special after he received a surprise message from Father Christmas himself.
Along with his family, Freddie Etteridge, from Thurlton, took a trip to Norwich before Christmas to pay Santa a visit at the Jarrold department store.
The queue, however, was two hours-long and, with Freddie’s mum Ruth Etteridge heavily pregnant, the family decided it was best to head home.
Freddie was obviously disappointed at having not been able to meet Father Christmas and tell him personally what he wanted to find under the tree, so Mrs Etteridge got in touch with Jarrold to ask whether there was anything else they could do instead.
To the family’s surprise, Jarrold got back in touch to say they had arranged for Father Christmas to send a very special message to Freddie.
You may also want to watch:
“Freddie received a personalised video message on Christmas Eve, where Father Christmas wished him the best Christmas ever,” said Freddie’s grandmother Anne Underwood.
“As you can imagine, Freddie was absolutely delighted to see Father Christmas on TV speaking directly to him.
- 1 Tributes to much-loved Laura, 28, after Covid death
- 2 Touching tributes paid to 'great teacher and lovely man'
- 3 Woman in her 20s among 31 Covid patients to die in five days at hospital
- 4 Restaurant fined for refusing to close in third lockdown
- 5 'We're very anxious at the moment': Co-Op staff on public abuse
- 6 Suffolk Covid rates declining, but increased deaths expected for next three weeks
- 7 Why some over 70s get the Covid vaccine before over 80s
- 8 People in 'next priority' groups to receive covid jabs in coastal town
- 9 Harleston funeral service celebrates 10th anniversary
- 10 Roundabout memorial bid for the 'Ole Chicken Man of Bungay'
“He also received a special letter from Father Christmas, as well as a parcel containing a toy tractor and trailer which he loved.”
“We’re very grateful to Jarrold because they really went above and beyond all expectations.”