Town's stunning gardens revealed
- Credit: Toto Martinez
An open gardens event was held in Bungay over the weekend to celebrate the hidden beauty of the town.
A number of homes took part in the event, from Outney Road and Barsham Street throughout the town to Beccles Road and John Childs Way.
The event was held in support of Bungay Library and the Falcon Meadow Trust.
Organiser Toto Martinez said: "I had the idea because Bungay didn't have any sort of open gardens event for normal people.
"I thought I would put something out to get people to help and enough people were interested to create this group and event.
You may also want to watch:
"The reaction from everyone was brilliant.
"Everyone was so supportive and we had more gardens than we thought we would.
- 1 Man in his 50s dies after head-on collision on A143
- 2 Part of A143 closed after three-vehicle crash in early hours
- 3 Let's staycation in...Beccles
- 4 No need to wait for booster invitation - clarification after Covid jab confusion
- 5 Man dies in industrial incident at plastics factory
- 6 Crime map shows locations of weapons offences in Suffolk
- 7 Suffolk police share ridiculous reasons for 999 calls
- 8 New project launched to restore south Norfolk countryside
- 9 Farm shop owners 'absolutely thrilled' at national award
- 10 New Toolstation store opens in Beccles
"There were 25 in total, which for the first year was quite a lot, and about 150 visitors."
While the amount of money raised is yet to be counted, Mr Martinez expects it to be several hundred pounds, adding: "Some people made jams and marmalades to sell for the charities and others sold art, so everyone was really lovely about it."