Kids sought to perform alongside Abi
THREE sets of children from the Waveney area are being sought to star in the forthcoming productions of Macbeth, starring Abi Titmuss.Casting for the Seagull Rep play, which is being performed at the Fisher Theatre, in Bungay and The Cut, in Halesworth, is now underway and the roles of the ill-fated Macduff children are up for grabs.
THREE sets of children from the Waveney area are being sought to star in the forthcoming productions of Macbeth, starring Abi Titmuss.
Casting for the Seagull Rep play, which is being performed at the Fisher Theatre, in Bungay and The Cut, in Halesworth, is now underway and the roles of the ill-fated Macduff children are up for grabs.
Three boys are needed between the age of seven and nine and six girls, aged between six and 10.
Macbeth director John Hales said: “We're looking for children who will fit well into the team, who will ideally have had some experience of acting and who have parents who know the demands of taking on such a commitment.
You may also want to watch:
“Experience will also help because the scene is actually quite scary and upsetting, although we'll make it as fun as we can for the kids of course. And although no one in the rep is paid, it will be a great experience for the kids and hopefully also the parents too. We will of course be as flexible and understanding as we can with rehearsals as although there will be some matinee performances, which will require time off from school.”
The show begins rehearsals on November 1 and runs at the Seagull Theatre in Lowestoft from November 18.. It will then tour to the Fisher Theatre and The Cut, as well as a venue now being confirmed in Norwich, finishing on December 4.
- 1 'It's pretty awful' - Anger as cannabis waste dumped by beauty spot
- 2 Air ambulance called after man suffers medical emergency in Bungay
- 3 Norfolk man found drunk at wheel twice in less than a month
- 4 Primary school on track to achieving 'good' status according to Ofsted
- 5 'Red-and-white spray paint doesn't count' - three danger lorries stopped
- 6 Woman taken to hospital following crash on A146
- 7 Revealed - Where Suffolk's recycling waste is shipped to
- 8 Man 'let down' by GPs after undiagnosed pneumonia death, mother claims
- 9 'Human swan' to fly over Suffolk during 3,000-mile UK flight
- 10 'I can't carry it' - Shock as plant starts growing eight inches a day
Anyone interested should email the Seagull at email@example.com with a name and contact details. One of the producers will then get in touch with potential audition details for next weekend, September 26 and 27.