Landmark year for Beccles photographer who captures video gamers in action
- Credit: Nick Butcher
The year 2017 will always be a memorable one for Beccles-based photographer Joe Brady.
This is because it was the year he was named the top photographer in his chosen industry.
Mr Brady, 28, specialises in capturing video gamers in the heat of battle and in November, was named Photographer of the Year at the Esports Industry Awards.
Esports is a fast-growing and highly-competitive industry, which sees video game players compete against one another for large cash prizes.
Reflecting on his award-winning year, Mr Brady has selected five of his proudest works and spoken of what they mean to him.
He said: “I feel these are the five that sum up my year the best.
“It was an incredible feeling to find out I had won the award - I was just delighted to have been nominated, so to actually win was amazing.
- 1 Organisers hail success as 'great' hospital fete makes welcome return
- 2 Two children cause damage after throwing stones at vehicles
- 3 Police hunting two men with Suffolk links after cannabis farm discovered
- 4 Bosses of Worlingham Hall admit failing to comply with fire safety notice
- 5 Man freed from vehicle and taken to hospital following crash
- 6 Obituary: 'Bobby-on-the-beat' who was quick on his feet dies aged 86
- 7 Supermarket bids for earlier opening time 'to serve community for longer'
- 8 Flog It! star officially opens school's specialist centre
- 9 Suffolk's Covid rate trebles as experts warn virus 'hasn't gone away'
- 10 Staff shortages hit 98% of firms, including Suffolk hotels and restaurants
“I’m now looking forward to carrying on in 2018.”