Landmark year for Beccles photographer who captures video gamers in action
- Credit: Nick Butcher
The year 2017 will always be a memorable one for Beccles-based photographer Joe Brady.
This is because it was the year he was named the top photographer in his chosen industry.
Mr Brady, 28, specialises in capturing video gamers in the heat of battle and in November, was named Photographer of the Year at the Esports Industry Awards.
Esports is a fast-growing and highly-competitive industry, which sees video game players compete against one another for large cash prizes.
Reflecting on his award-winning year, Mr Brady has selected five of his proudest works and spoken of what they mean to him.
You may also want to watch:
He said: “I feel these are the five that sum up my year the best.
“It was an incredible feeling to find out I had won the award - I was just delighted to have been nominated, so to actually win was amazing.
- 1 New headteacher unveiled for town's high school
- 2 Roads to close overnight for roundabout resurfacing
- 3 Man 'let down' by GPs after undiagnosed pneumonia death, mother claims
- 4 Man suffers broken leg in serious crash on A12
- 5 Pub staff 'run off their feet' during Euros campaign
- 6 'Red-and-white spray paint doesn't count' - three danger lorries stopped
- 7 Air ambulance called after man suffers medical emergency in Bungay
- 8 Town's Pride picnic postponed following restrictions delay
- 9 Hunt for man wanted for assaults in Lowestoft
- 10 Cause for optimism in Norfolk as Delta variant Covid cases remain low
“I’m now looking forward to carrying on in 2018.”