Norwich City legend’s daughter among ‘fantastic’ Langley students on A Level results day
- Credit: Archant
The daughter of a Norwich City legend is among many Langley School students celebrating on A Level results day.
With 82pc earning a A* to C grade, students at Langley School have been praised for a “fantastic” set of results, with students off to a range of top universities including Cambridge and Durham.
Head of school, Caitlin Ellis, has led the way with her results, including two A*s and an A, and will now read politics at QMU.
Deputy head girl Harrie Newman, daughter of former Canary Rob Newman, now a Langley Football Academy coach, earned AA Distinction* in her grades.
Described by the school as “the epitome of what can be achieved by determination and drive”, the youngster will now study physiotherapy at UEA.
You may also want to watch:
After starting in the prep school and journeying through to his A Levels, Will Daniels has earned AB Distinction* in his results, as well as being a house captain and stalwart of the stage and musical scene.
Headmaster Jon Perriss said: “I am delighted and proud of the Langley 2020 cohort for a fantastic set of results.
- 1 'Beccles Mafia' reported to police for harassing elderly shoppers
- 2 Tributes to man, 31, who died on Christmas Day
- 3 Bid for 40 new homes meets fresh opposition
- 4 Groundworks start at site of new McDonald’s restaurant
- 5 Nine still under investigation after man knifed in village brawl
- 6 'Greedy' burglars who targeted community facilities in £122,000 crime spree are jailed
- 7 Anger as trees felled on common as part of 'management plan'
- 8 Temporary Post Office opens after town centre branch closes
- 9 New vaccination centre will open to cope with demand across Waveney
- 10 Man snared by vigilante paedophile hunters avoids jail
“Our students have continued the upward academic trajectory of the school and overcome significant turmoil and societal stress to achieve so much.
“The results are testament to their diligence and resilience and to the outstanding commitment and support of all the teachers.
“Langley nurtures the individual and to see these young people flourish is of great credit to them and the school as a whole.”