Norfolk school team wins a national cup final
- Credit: Chris Brown/ESFA
A football team from a south Norfolk school has won a national cup final.
Langley Senior School's boys' football team went to West Bromwich Albion's stadium, The Hawthorns, to play in the U-15 Small Schools National Cup Final against De La Salle Academy from Liverpool.
After conceding an early goal, the players responded well and by half-time they were on top, beginning to create chances.
The equalising goal came early in the second half, Sol Alidor-Hamilton with a searching switch of play leading to good work from Keyni Mills down the right, cutting back for Ruben Shakpoke to slot home calmly.
The same player later scored again to put the team 2-1 up.
You may also want to watch:
But before the final whistle De La Salle equalised and the match went to penalties.
James Hodgson, Rio Russell, Osel Thakuri, Keyni Mills and Caleb Adomako-Mensah all stepped up and scored their penalties to win the shootout 5-4, with Joe Wicks saving one De La Salle penalty.
- 1 Life sentence for convicted rapist who attempted to murder Norfolk woman
- 2 Man dies in industrial incident at plastics factory
- 3 The community hub bringing the heart of Beccles together
- 4 Toolstation opens new store in Beccles
- 5 Free October half term events around Beccles and Bungay
- 6 Five Halloween events planned in Waveney this year
- 7 Woman's body found at Loddon home
- 8 'Increased demand' but waits 'subsiding' at local heating oil company
- 9 New brewery restaurant opens for tapas nights, afternoon tea and more
- 10 Calls to volunteer for St Elizabeth Hospice