Norfolk school team wins a national cup final
- Credit: Chris Brown/ESFA
A football team from a south Norfolk school has won a national cup final.
Langley Senior School's boys' football team went to West Bromwich Albion's stadium, The Hawthorns, to play in the U-15 Small Schools National Cup Final against De La Salle Academy from Liverpool.
After conceding an early goal, the players responded well and by half-time they were on top, beginning to create chances.
The equalising goal came early in the second half, Sol Alidor-Hamilton with a searching switch of play leading to good work from Keyni Mills down the right, cutting back for Ruben Shakpoke to slot home calmly.
The same player later scored again to put the team 2-1 up.
You may also want to watch:
But before the final whistle De La Salle equalised and the match went to penalties.
James Hodgson, Rio Russell, Osel Thakuri, Keyni Mills and Caleb Adomako-Mensah all stepped up and scored their penalties to win the shootout 5-4, with Joe Wicks saving one De La Salle penalty.
- 1 Man seen waving axe on horseback is jailed
- 2 Mattresses among items dumped in East Suffolk countryside
- 3 Travellers set up 'unauthorised' camp near to popular park in Oulton Broad
- 4 'Illegal and unsafe' - Rave attended by 100 revellers is shut down
- 5 Private coastal school joins partnership to continue 'academic excellence'
- 6 New McDonald's restaurant to open with safety measures in place
- 7 Tired but delighted - five businesses look back on first week reopen
- 8 McDonald's branch to close for up to three months
- 9 Woman in 20s suffers serious leg injuries in late night crash
- 10 Four men arrested after teenager robbed