Library launches energy monitors
ENERGY monitors will be available on loan from Bungay Library from today.Householders are being encouraged to reduce their electricity bills by identifying where their money is being wasted.
ENERGY monitors will be available on loan from Bungay Library from today.
Householders are being encouraged to reduce their electricity bills by identifying where their money is being wasted.
The monitors show how much power an individual appliance uses and from that people can work out how much power they are using and what it is costing them.
The scheme is being launched at 2pm today at the library on Wharton Street. Among those attending the event will include members of Sustainable Bungay, who have been trialling the monitors.
You may also want to watch:
By raising awareness and changing behaviour, these devices can typically save householders between �25 and �75 off a �500 bill.
The scheme is being paid for by the Creating the Greenest County delivery partnership.
- 1 Part of A143 closed after three-vehicle crash in early hours
- 2 Let's staycation in...Beccles
- 3 No need to wait for booster invitation - clarification after Covid jab confusion
- 4 Crime map shows locations of weapons offences in Suffolk
- 5 Farm shop owners 'absolutely thrilled' at national award
- 6 Man dies in industrial incident at plastics factory
- 7 New project launched to restore south Norfolk countryside
- 8 Youngsters prepare to take to the stage for debut performance
- 9 Tyres slashed on parked cars with damage caused overnight in Beccles
- 10 Man in his 50s dies after head-on collision on A143