Lions present generous toy donations to Beccles children’s centre
- Credit: Archant
Gifts donated by the public for the Lions’ Christmas Toys Appeal have been presented to a children’s centre in Beccles.
Beccles and District Lions Club president Fred Helsdon and welfare officer Dermot Wesley-Smith, handed over the toys to Mell Smith, Dani Peck and Sarah Colman of the Butterflies Children’s Centre – part of Suffolk Children’s Centre.
Mr Helsdon said: “Each year when we start our Christmas Toys Appeal we never know what we will receive and each year the public amaze us with their generosity and this year is no exception.
“The quality of the toys given by the public is amazingly high too with lots being brand new.”
Ms Colman from Suffolk Children’s Centre said: “I’d like to thank Beccles Lions for these wonderful toys, the children will have great pleasure playing with them.
You may also want to watch:
“Children’s centres offer a range of services for families with children from birth to five in Suffolk, in a location that is handy for them. A variety of services are available and is linked with local nurseries, health services, schools, training and employment services and other organisations to provide a wide range of services. So these toys will be well used for those children attending the centre.”
And Mr Wesley-Smith added: “We cannot thank the people of Beccles enough for the kindness they show each year in providing these wonderful toys for the children. Equally it’s good to know that the toys will be loved and appreciated by the children at the centres too.”
- 1 Man arrested on suspicion of drink and drug driving after fatal crash
- 2 Man in his 50s dies after head-on collision on A143
- 3 Suffolk police share ridiculous reasons for 999 calls
- 4 Part of A143 closed after three-vehicle crash in early hours
- 5 Let's staycation in...Beccles
- 6 No need to wait for booster invitation - clarification after Covid jab confusion
- 7 Special woodland event to remember those we have lost
- 8 Man dies in industrial incident at plastics factory
- 9 Crime map shows locations of weapons offences in Suffolk
- 10 Farm shop owners 'absolutely thrilled' at national award
To find out more about the Beccles Lions and the work they do, contact the club secretary Janet Ramsden on 01502 514284 or visit the club’s website at www.beccleslions.org.uk. Or if you are interested in becoming a member, call membership chairman Geoff Moulton on 07810 502371.