Lions present generous toy donations to Beccles children’s centre
- Credit: Archant
Gifts donated by the public for the Lions’ Christmas Toys Appeal have been presented to a children’s centre in Beccles.
Beccles and District Lions Club president Fred Helsdon and welfare officer Dermot Wesley-Smith, handed over the toys to Mell Smith, Dani Peck and Sarah Colman of the Butterflies Children’s Centre – part of Suffolk Children’s Centre.
Mr Helsdon said: “Each year when we start our Christmas Toys Appeal we never know what we will receive and each year the public amaze us with their generosity and this year is no exception.
“The quality of the toys given by the public is amazingly high too with lots being brand new.”
Ms Colman from Suffolk Children’s Centre said: “I’d like to thank Beccles Lions for these wonderful toys, the children will have great pleasure playing with them.
“Children’s centres offer a range of services for families with children from birth to five in Suffolk, in a location that is handy for them. A variety of services are available and is linked with local nurseries, health services, schools, training and employment services and other organisations to provide a wide range of services. So these toys will be well used for those children attending the centre.”
And Mr Wesley-Smith added: “We cannot thank the people of Beccles enough for the kindness they show each year in providing these wonderful toys for the children. Equally it’s good to know that the toys will be loved and appreciated by the children at the centres too.”
- 1 Latest 'festival-style' market to take place next month
- 2 Investigation into fatal aircraft crash continues
- 3 Four taken to hospital after crash involving ambulance on A146
- 4 Town's biggest antique market of the year set to return this summer
- 5 Water usage warning issued by River Waveney Trust
- 6 Lead thieves target Norfolk village church with links to Lord Nelson
- 7 A146 near Beccles closed by police after crash
- 8 'Risk of injury' - Aldi recalls product due to safety fears
- 9 Much-loved tearoom shuts after 20 years and moves in to pub
- 10 Iconic legend of Black Shuck celebrated with new festival
To find out more about the Beccles Lions and the work they do, contact the club secretary Janet Ramsden on 01502 514284 or visit the club’s website at www.beccleslions.org.uk. Or if you are interested in becoming a member, call membership chairman Geoff Moulton on 07810 502371.