Town council to create exercise area with new gym equipment
- Credit: Bungay Town Council
A town council has been granted £5,000 to create an outdoor exercise area with new gym equipment.
Bungay Town Council is being granted £5,000 as part of East Suffolk Council's grant scheme which will go towards the new outdoor exercise area.
Four pieces of external gym equipment will be purchased by the council.
The equipment will be at the skate park which is adjacent to the play park and community centre, land which is owned by Bungay Town Council.
All residents in Bungay and visitors from far and wide will be able to use the gym equipment, which aims to improve the health and wellbeing of those using it.
Engagement and consultation has been undertaken as part of the Bungay Neighbourhood Plan which identifies the need for equipment like this from the community.
The Neighbourhood Plan allows locals to influence planning policy decisions at a local level, giving the community greater say in the location of new developments.
- 1 Sadness as popular country market to close after 40 years
- 2 Popular Christmas street market attracts hundreds
- 3 Search continues for man who assaulted and robbed woman
- 4 Pressure group anger over speeding drivers on busy bypass
- 5 Time to vote for the Journal awards finalists
- 6 Is this your dog? Police look to reunite Labrador with owner
- 7 Man taken to hospital after pedestrian struck by vehicle in north Suffolk
- 8 Garage forced open with mountain bikes stolen during burglary
- 9 'It was horrible' - Shock as woman robbed and assaulted in broad daylight
- 10 Items from Lidl and Sainsbury's recalled over health and safety concerns