Beccles Quay play area revamp set to start
- Credit: Beccles Town Council
Play park equipment at Beccles Quay is set to be replaced from February.
Beccles Fenland Charity Trust, of which Beccles Town Council is the sole trustee, has announced that the contract to replace the play equipment at the Quay Play Park has now been signed with Playdale Limited, and that work should start on site in February.
It is part of a £250,000 investment which will bring upgrades to the facilities for locals and visitors to Beccles Quay by summer 2022.
This starts with the replacing of the play park equipment in February and then the refurbishment of the toilet block.
In addition, facilities for boat owners will also be improved, with the Gas Dyke being dredged and electricity supply being added on the north bank of the river.
The town council is also working with the Broads Authority (BA) to further enhance facilities at the Quay.
BA is planning to locate a ‘Discovery Hub’ at the Quay.
- 1 Latest 'festival-style' market to take place next month
- 2 Investigation into fatal aircraft crash continues
- 3 Town's biggest antique market of the year set to return this summer
- 4 Four taken to hospital after crash involving ambulance on A146
- 5 Water usage warning issued by River Waveney Trust
- 6 'Risk of injury' - Aldi recalls product due to safety fears
- 7 A146 near Beccles closed by police after crash
- 8 Lead thieves target Norfolk village church with links to Lord Nelson
- 9 Motorcyclist injured after crash in busy Suffolk road
- 10 Much-loved tearoom shuts after 20 years and moves in to pub
This will act as a tourist information point to promote the Broads, and it will be maintained by a Broads Authority Ranger.