Local garden on top TV program
A BREATH-taking exotic garden in Henstead will be featured in tonight's episode of Gardener's World on BBC 2.Andrew Brogan, who owns and is gardener for Henstead Exotic Garden, will be talking about his garden in an episode that centres on growing an exotic plant border.
A BREATH-taking exotic garden in Henstead will be featured in tonight's episode of Gardener's World on BBC 2.
Andrew Brogan, who owns and is gardener for Henstead Exotic Garden, will be talking about his garden in an episode that centres on growing an exotic plant border.
He will be appearing in a five to seven minute segment that was in fact filmed in August last year. It will be the first time that the garden has appeared on national television.
“They're focusing on the east coast because normally this sort of thing's done in Cornwall,” explained Mr Brogan, who opened his garden up to the public just under two years ago. “The filming was a lot more stressful than I thought! I do lots of tours, but you're out of your comfort zone when you've got a big camera pointed at you! But I think it's quite photogenic, the garden, so it should come out well.”
You may also want to watch:
The garden, which opens next Sunday for an open day, is in Church Lane, next to Henstead Hall. It boasts banana, bamboo and Himalayan palm trees, along with a Thai style viewing pavilion and large cascading waterfalls.
Gardener's World is on at 8pm on BBC 2 tonight. Henstead Exotic Garden opens from 11am to 4pm next Sunday. Entry is �3.
- 1 Man admits voyeurism after filming people in bathrooms with hidden cameras
- 2 Man was found dead in wooded area after battle with alcoholism, inquest hears
- 3 Mother’s ‘living hell’ after son dies despite 15 GP visits in under four months
- 4 'Magna Carta is no defence' - Man caught fishing illegally on Broads
- 5 Man arrested and cannabis seized as Kestrel team swoops on town
- 6 Town's post office to close within a month
- 7 Woman airlifted to hospital after crash
- 8 New appeal as pregnant woman goes missing again
- 9 Road remains closed after serious crash on A143
- 10 Man in 70s dies in A143 crash