Local garden on top TV program
A BREATH-taking exotic garden in Henstead will be featured in tonight's episode of Gardener's World on BBC 2.Andrew Brogan, who owns and is gardener for Henstead Exotic Garden, will be talking about his garden in an episode that centres on growing an exotic plant border.
A BREATH-taking exotic garden in Henstead will be featured in tonight's episode of Gardener's World on BBC 2.
Andrew Brogan, who owns and is gardener for Henstead Exotic Garden, will be talking about his garden in an episode that centres on growing an exotic plant border.
He will be appearing in a five to seven minute segment that was in fact filmed in August last year. It will be the first time that the garden has appeared on national television.
“They're focusing on the east coast because normally this sort of thing's done in Cornwall,” explained Mr Brogan, who opened his garden up to the public just under two years ago. “The filming was a lot more stressful than I thought! I do lots of tours, but you're out of your comfort zone when you've got a big camera pointed at you! But I think it's quite photogenic, the garden, so it should come out well.”
You may also want to watch:
The garden, which opens next Sunday for an open day, is in Church Lane, next to Henstead Hall. It boasts banana, bamboo and Himalayan palm trees, along with a Thai style viewing pavilion and large cascading waterfalls.
Gardener's World is on at 8pm on BBC 2 tonight. Henstead Exotic Garden opens from 11am to 4pm next Sunday. Entry is �3.
- 1 Life sentence for convicted rapist who attempted to murder Norfolk woman
- 2 Man dies in industrial incident at plastics factory
- 3 The community hub bringing the heart of Beccles together
- 4 Free October half term events around Beccles and Bungay
- 5 Toolstation opens new store in Beccles
- 6 'Increased demand' but waits 'subsiding' at local heating oil company
- 7 Man suffered double jaw fracture in Norwich bar attack
- 8 Health watchdog's concerns over 87-year-old's hospital discharge
- 9 Calls to volunteer for St Elizabeth Hospice
- 10 Five Halloween events planned in Waveney this year