Village pub opens brand new café
- Credit: Locks Inn
A village pub has opened a brand new café for the local community to enjoy.
The Locks Inn in Geldeston, near Beccles, has opened its new social hub for the community, which will offer a range of coffees, cakes and sausage rolls.
It also hopes to open a shop in the hub in the near future.
The aim of the hub is to give the village community a place to connect and encourage those experiencing social isolation and anxiety to start socialising.
Christine Pinsett, who is a member of the management team at the pub, said: “The main aim of this community café is to help the villagers and the wider community to socialise in a friendly environment.
“The last 18-months has been a big challenge for people and we want to provide them with somewhere they can get together to reduce social isolation and help improve their improve their wellbeing.”
The Locks Inn was bought by the community group in 2020 after being listed for auction last year.
- 1 Man admits possessing hundreds of indecent images of children
- 2 Teenager who lost driving licence receives surprise in post
- 3 Sniffer dogs find thousands of illegal cigarettes under manhole cover
- 4 Parishes planning Italian pop-up night in aid of village hall
- 5 A146 closed after crash near Worlingham
- 6 Charity baker set for long-awaited return this weekend
- 7 Village pub opens brand new café
- 8 New shop sells items made by people who learnt crafts in lockdown
- 9 Traffic starting to build after crash in Beccles
- 10 Around one in 10 East Suffolk adults remain unvaccinated