Lockstock Festival returns to Geldeston
An annual south Norfolk festival, now in its forth year, is inviting music enthusiasts to join in celebrating the talents of local musicians.
Held at The Locks Inn at Geldeston and presented by local band Murphy’s Lore, the Lockstock Festival aims to encourage everything that is great about local music.
The first Lockstock was held in 2008 with seven acts and has since grown in stature attracting over 500 people annually.
Co-organiser Tamsin Elliott, said “We are looking forward to showcasing a great selection of local talent, with over 18 bands and DJs.
“There isn’t much that comes out of this area but there is so much local talent that gets under the radar and we should celebrate it in our local area.”
“It is a lovely, relaxing day in the sunshine and there will be plenty of food, including a barbecue, the famous Green Jack ales and the lovely garden to chill out in.”
The one day music event will include a variety of genres being performed including folk, blues, rockabilly, reggae and other rootsy sounds the region has to offer.
- 1 Town start season with home win
- 2 Is size the secret of south Norfolk's 'up and coming' village?
- 3 Imaginations soar as popular sculpture trail returns
- 4 Enjoy the wonders of hidden exotic garden at summer open days
- 5 League of Friends of Hospital raise & invest staggering sum of money
- 6 Product sold at Tesco recalled due to risk of disease-causing bacteria
- 7 Roll-out of free Wi-Fi continues in east Suffolk
- 8 Britain's Got Talent star to perform at Bungay's Fisher Theatre
- 9 Obituary: 'Remarkable' musician remembered with publication of new book
- 10 Town's real ale pub launches new menu with 'something for everyone'
“To add to the excitement this year we will be hosting a ‘medieval fairytale’ fancy dress competition with prizes for the most imaginative costumes,” Miss Elliott added.
Landlord of The Locks Inn, Colin Smith, added: “It is great to host the Lockstock Festival again and welcome everyone to the Locks Inn for a great day of music.”
Acts will include Murphy’s Lore, upcoming artist Matthew P and Norwich based band Killamonjambo.
The family friendly festival will take place between noon until just after midnight on Saturday, June 11 and tickets for the event will be available on the gate.
For more information or details of the line-up visit www.geldestonlocks.co.uk or www.myspace.com/lockstockfestival