Loddon artist exhibiting in Bungay
AN up-and-coming artist from Loddon will be exhibiting in Bungay this month.Nancy Miller, who attended Hobart High School, is displaying her contemporary paintings at The Fisher Theatre until Sunday, May 30.
AN up-and-coming artist from Loddon will be exhibiting in Bungay this month.
Nancy Miller, who attended Hobart High School, is displaying her contemporary paintings at The Fisher Theatre until Sunday, May 30.
Nancy creates paintings from found images, but predominantly works from her own photographs, taken on an analogue camera.
Her photographs are repeatedly of environments, buildings, or interiors that have an initial significance.
Her works portray a sense of nostalgia, through a nod to cinematography via the use of monochrome and the sense of motion depicted.
Nancy experiments with how far photographs can be altered and transformed through painting, while still retaining areas of recognition, thus furthering their removal from real life.
- 1 Hospitality businesses braced for change after face mask announcement
- 2 Eight things we learned from the prime minister's briefing
- 3 Bungay baby bank to open in town and support the community
- 4 Prospect of repeating Christmas flooding trauma still 'worrying' 11 months on
- 5 Flood alerts issued for parts of Norfolk due to stormy conditions
- 6 Listed townhouse in former maltings building is for sale by auction
- 7 Christmas jumper swap launched in Beccles in fight against fast fashion
- 8 Lotto winners to sell knitted mini donkeys at Beccles Christmas lights
- 9 Local leaders gather as plans for Beccles cycle path in motion
- 10 Beccles woman wins national beauty pageant competition
Nancy was has a BA in Art from the University of Reading, and in October she will begin postgraduate study at the Royal Academy Schools, London. She currently lives and works in Reading.
The exhibition is open from Monday to Saturday, 11am to 3pm, and in the evenings on performance nights. Entry is free.