Loddon artist exhibiting in Bungay
AN up-and-coming artist from Loddon will be exhibiting in Bungay this month.Nancy Miller, who attended Hobart High School, is displaying her contemporary paintings at The Fisher Theatre until Sunday, May 30.
AN up-and-coming artist from Loddon will be exhibiting in Bungay this month.
Nancy Miller, who attended Hobart High School, is displaying her contemporary paintings at The Fisher Theatre until Sunday, May 30.
Nancy creates paintings from found images, but predominantly works from her own photographs, taken on an analogue camera.
Her photographs are repeatedly of environments, buildings, or interiors that have an initial significance.
You may also want to watch:
Her works portray a sense of nostalgia, through a nod to cinematography via the use of monochrome and the sense of motion depicted.
Nancy experiments with how far photographs can be altered and transformed through painting, while still retaining areas of recognition, thus furthering their removal from real life.
- 1 Tributes paid to snowdrop expert 'with a twinkle in his eye'
- 2 Disappointment as Norfolk vs Suffolk dwile flonking tournament postponed
- 3 Extraordinary meeting called over village solar farm
- 4 Best kept gardens crowned as competition returns
- 5 Bell Tower reopens offering panoramic views of Waveney Valley
- 6 Wanted Beccles man arrested in London
- 7 Nearly 20,000 parking fines since council took control of enforcement
- 8 Fire crews called to help baby seagull trapped in netting
- 9 Latitude labelled 'Covid fest' by health boss as staff forced to isolate
- 10 Hotspot tourists targeted by virus ads safety message
Nancy was has a BA in Art from the University of Reading, and in October she will begin postgraduate study at the Royal Academy Schools, London. She currently lives and works in Reading.
The exhibition is open from Monday to Saturday, 11am to 3pm, and in the evenings on performance nights. Entry is free.