Loddon artist exhibiting in Bungay
AN up-and-coming artist from Loddon will be exhibiting in Bungay this month.Nancy Miller, who attended Hobart High School, is displaying her contemporary paintings at The Fisher Theatre until Sunday, May 30.
AN up-and-coming artist from Loddon will be exhibiting in Bungay this month.
Nancy Miller, who attended Hobart High School, is displaying her contemporary paintings at The Fisher Theatre until Sunday, May 30.
Nancy creates paintings from found images, but predominantly works from her own photographs, taken on an analogue camera.
Her photographs are repeatedly of environments, buildings, or interiors that have an initial significance.
You may also want to watch:
Her works portray a sense of nostalgia, through a nod to cinematography via the use of monochrome and the sense of motion depicted.
Nancy experiments with how far photographs can be altered and transformed through painting, while still retaining areas of recognition, thus furthering their removal from real life.
- 1 Man seen waving axe on horseback is jailed
- 2 Mattresses among items dumped in East Suffolk countryside
- 3 Travellers set up 'unauthorised' camp near to popular park in Oulton Broad
- 4 New McDonald's restaurant to open with safety measures in place
- 5 Private coastal school joins partnership to continue 'academic excellence'
- 6 Woman in 20s suffers serious leg injuries in late night crash
- 7 McDonald's branch to close for up to three months
- 8 'Illegal and unsafe' - Rave attended by 100 revellers is shut down
- 9 Tired but delighted - five businesses look back on first week reopen
- 10 Four men arrested after teenager robbed
Nancy was has a BA in Art from the University of Reading, and in October she will begin postgraduate study at the Royal Academy Schools, London. She currently lives and works in Reading.
The exhibition is open from Monday to Saturday, 11am to 3pm, and in the evenings on performance nights. Entry is free.