Loddon artist exhibiting in Bungay
AN up-and-coming artist from Loddon will be exhibiting in Bungay this month.Nancy Miller, who attended Hobart High School, is displaying her contemporary paintings at The Fisher Theatre until Sunday, May 30.
AN up-and-coming artist from Loddon will be exhibiting in Bungay this month.
Nancy Miller, who attended Hobart High School, is displaying her contemporary paintings at The Fisher Theatre until Sunday, May 30.
Nancy creates paintings from found images, but predominantly works from her own photographs, taken on an analogue camera.
Her photographs are repeatedly of environments, buildings, or interiors that have an initial significance.
Her works portray a sense of nostalgia, through a nod to cinematography via the use of monochrome and the sense of motion depicted.
Nancy experiments with how far photographs can be altered and transformed through painting, while still retaining areas of recognition, thus furthering their removal from real life.
- 1 Chancellor and health secretary dramatically quit
- 2 Vital new community bus service launches to help isolated get out and about
- 3 7 of the prettiest cafes in Suffolk
- 4 Family fun day on town meadow hailed a hit
- 5 Two children cause damage after throwing stones at vehicles
- 6 Have you seen artist's phenomenal sculptures made from cutlery?
- 7 Estate agent hosting auction for air ambulance appeal
- 8 Former professional dressage rider died in four-vehicle motorcycle crash
- 9 Beccles school appoints new headteacher
- 10 7 roadworks Suffolk drivers need to know about this week
Nancy was has a BA in Art from the University of Reading, and in October she will begin postgraduate study at the Royal Academy Schools, London. She currently lives and works in Reading.
The exhibition is open from Monday to Saturday, 11am to 3pm, and in the evenings on performance nights. Entry is free.